Where is everybody?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Where is everybody?

Post by Mark77 »

Suddenly everyone stopped coming here. I noticed in the past few weeks less participation than usual. Just figured I'd ask, come back, talk about your dog or whatever- we don't care. I'm just an owner of a couple of Dutch Shepherds and enjoy this breed but want to hear how your dogs are doing, how you are doing. Anyway, I hope you are all well, I mean that.

Mark77
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by ladyjubilee »

I've just been swamped and since learning Bramble's DNA results, haven't felt too honest about posting.

We are going to the House of the Mouse, but decided not to take Bramble. We spoke to the on property kennel who shared that often service dogs unexpectedly end up at the kennel because Disney is tough on the dogs (getting stepped on, worn paws etc.). So Bramble will stay at the pet spa.

Training wise, we have had some great successes lately. She has started to rely on her nose, and we are now moving to smaller items with my son's scent. We are also moving to ladder drills on her item retrieve.

While working on take it the other night, Casper decided to insert himself into the process. As I held the item and Bramble came to get it, Casper snuck under Bramble (literally UNDER her), which made her pause, and he grabbed the item himself. Bramble looked at me with the "what just happened" expression.

Casper just gave her the haha I got it and you didn't look.

So anyway, that is out life with dogs.

On the general life side, with some help from Senator Tillis, we are FINALLY getting help with my son's behaviors. I now get beat up once a week instead of daily. Happy dance!!!
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

My guess is that the stress of the election has kept people busy the last couple of weeks.

And, let me state, that I won't let this erupt into a political debate, so please don't.

Anyway, I am closing in on the next dog (I think), and there will be lots of pictures when it finally happens.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

You have a good point.
montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

my life has been crazy, 2020 has not been kind....
lost my dad, lost my job, got a crappy job, got my old job back, trying to close on my house....

and I just got back from the vet... Shylah has pneumonia, and there's not much to do to ease her breathing other than hope the antibiotics (which are huge and are gonna be a battle to get in her) will work quickly
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Tareena, 2020 is the worst.

I pray Shylah gets better fast.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I'm so sorry to hear about the losses you've experienced this year. 2020 has sucked all around.

I know this will sound crazy, but I've used it with dogs (and kids). I take a fruit snack (kind that is dog safe but with a really strong scent) split one open, insert the pill, then make some demands with fruit snacks as the reward, slipping in the loaded snack. So far only Bramble has refused but fruit snacks aren't her favorite treat.
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

Montecarlogirl, so sorry to hear of you losses. 2020 has definitely sucked. Additionally try hiding pills in peanut butter, messy but might work.
ladyjubilee, I wouldn't worry about DNA results. Great job with your current training..
centrop67 - I so hope this dog is the ONE...:-)

ICE turned 9 last week. Yikes!!! Since he got his IGP3 last year we have been working on PSA sport. He is physically in excellent condition and he is loving the leg bites. I don't know that I would trial in PSA with him but we are both having a blast and learning!
Patty and Ice
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

ImageWe’re still here. Been mostly busy making updates to the house we bought I March. Here’s some videos of how much Henry’s ball drive has increased. He loves it now. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the temperament for bitey stuff so I won’t be teaching him any of that. Ignore the brush in the backyard we had to clear some trees out for solar panels.

Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I so love Henry, he's the best :)
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

ladyjubilee wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:21 am I so love Henry, he's the best :)
He has become quite the character. His personality is what won us over. Such a sweet boy. Image
Image Image
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

He has those sweetheart eyes that say he's willing to trust if you just give him a chance. So adorable.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Dude, that's one hell of a grin!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

TimL_168 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:27 pm Dude, that's one hell of a grin!
Haha I know! He does it all the time. Sometimes I’ll turn around and he’ll just be sitting there with his ears bag smiling and when I walk up to him he’ll sit up on his back legs and hug me haha
Image Image
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

borellar15 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm
TimL_168 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:27 pm Dude, that's one hell of a grin!
Haha I know! He does it all the time. Sometimes I’ll turn around and he’ll just be sitting there with his ears bag smiling and when I walk up to him he’ll sit up on his back legs and hug me haha
Oh man, the first time my girlfriend cave over, En was sitting on the couch across from us and gave her the most blatant and unsettling side eye.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Hahaha. Like what the hell man wtf is this??
Image Image
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

I just played some ball earlier and thought I’d record it to show some more of how far this guy has come from when we got him.

Image Image
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

borellar15 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 am Hahaha. Like what the hell man wtf is this??
100%!
She was like - I don't like this...I don't know who TF that is and I don't like her a that close to you, and I'ma sit here all night just in case. Just a few weeks later, she got her arm nommed on pretty badly by a young GSD her friend was fosteting. We joke about it now. She says if the arm had happened first, she would've run away with the way En was staring at her out the side of her head.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Haha ohh no. Yea that def would have taken that side eye to another level haha
Image Image
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

I found this and thought it was funny- thought it might cheer people up.