Likely hit by a car

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Likely hit by a car

Post by centrop67 »

Wow - just got the news from my vet...

Mustang has an old injury where his hip socket was shattered. He will eventually need surgery, but my vet says we should wait until he shows signs of problems. Being so young and in a new environment, it would be too much to put him through surgery now.

The vet is certain it is not a slip and fall type, but high-impact injury - and it's older.

I will have a copy of the X-Rays soon, and I will try to post here if I can, but I feel really bad for this guy.

As an FYI, if the rescue had known and/or disclosed this information, it would NOT have changed whether I adopted him.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Likely hit by a car

Post by centrop67 »

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh, poor Mustang. He had spent time as a stray?

Do you think the rescue could help fund raise for the surgery?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

The dog isn't even seven months old judging by his size. That needs to be addressed now before he puts weight on. Let us know how much the surgery is. Maybe we can all help out. Very sorry to hear this honestly, that is awful and it limits what you can do for training because you never know if he's in pain until it's fixed. Get estimates and how they would fix this.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I'm in
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor