who oh why a weim

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

who oh why a weim

Post by icvanstra »

Dog sitting again this weekend for Chase. Which are also known as conjugal visits. But this weekend it is truly a dogsitting weekend.

A friend of mine is out of town this weekend and couldn't take his best friend with him...so I'm dog sitting.

Picked up Chase last night and he is your standard neurotic Weimaraner. I will say this for him, as far as Weim's go he is pretty cool.

His biggest issue, for me, is that he doesn't understand what it means to go out in the back yard and just chill for a while. As soon as he is done taking care of business he sits at the back door and just barks. Two quick ones, about five seconds of silence, two quick ones, about five seconds of silence, repeat, repeat, repeat repeat....

Why conjugal visits? Chase's owner's girlfriend sometimes lays down the law and will not let Chase go to her house. So when my buddy get's a little desperate he asks if i will watch Chase for a night... :pint:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: who oh why a weim

Post by vneerland »

And you wouldn't rather watch the girlfriend, I assume? :P :mrgreen:

I could not answer the question 'why a weim'. I remember that my vet told me one day, that the surest way to get bitten by a dog, would be by a Weimaraner. I thought he was :yernuts: but changed my mind after a client came to pick up his two weims. I put them in the back of his pickup for him and as I reached to slip the leash off the head (and I had just put it on and had had no trouble with the dog for the entire week of his stay) he nailed the living daylights out of me. :evil:
In general, I am a dog lover, but I would not own but two breeds (Hollanders and Belgian Malinois) I don't tolerate little dogs very well (unless they act like big dogs in little bodies) and though I like the blue of the Weimaraners, I think I can cook that in Hollanders too. :whistle:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Watch the girlfriend? NOT A CHANCE. I barely tolerate her when she is around.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

icvanstra wrote:Dog sitting again this weekend for Chase.
Sympathies! :eek:

I don't care much for hounds in general, and have never cared for blue dogs (Judith, you sure don't need to create any of them!)

OMG, we've got a Borg emoticon! I've gotta use it just because we have it! :borg: Star Trek is one of my all time favorites! (Tho, no frickin idea what a Borg emoticon is supposed to signify :lol: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:Watch the girlfriend? NOT A CHANCE. I barely tolerate her when she is around.
:g_wink: I figured that. Since she will not let your friends dog in the house? (tip: :squee: while you can)
leih merigian wrote:I don't care much for hounds in general, and have never cared for blue dogs (Judith, you sure don't need to create any of them!)
Awwwwwwwww. :cry: Blue happens, you know. I do not select for it, but I've had some cool ones come by.
OMG, we've got a Borg emoticon! I've gotta use it just because we have it! :borg: Star Trek is one of my all time favorites! (Tho, no frickin idea what a Borg emoticon is supposed to signify :lol: )
I did not even know it was star trek related. I do know of someone on the Dutch board with that last name, but I did not consider them important enough to have their very own emoticon. :doh:
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

leih merigian wrote:OMG, we've got a Borg emoticon! I've gotta use it just because we have it! :borg: Star Trek is one of my all time favorites! (Tho, no frickin idea what a Borg emoticon is supposed to signify :lol: )

All emoticons will be assimilated!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

:roll: I would have preferred a "Scotty, beam me up....there is no intelligent life down here." one instead.

:mrgreen:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I also wanted to answer Eric's question with the same answer: there blue 8-) or purple
vneerland wrote:
did not even know it was star trek related. I do know of someone on the Dutch board with that last name, but I did not consider them important enough to have their very own emoticon. :doh:
Think I know those people too :roll:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:I also wanted to answer Eric's question with the same answer: there blue 8-) or purple
Weimaraners? Blue or Lilac, I think. Is lilac purple? Uh................. :hic:
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Chase is a blue.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Here is a picture of Chase, Cino and Abigail out at my friends cabin.

Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

pff, purple, lilac, all the same :hammer:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Purple and lilac is NOT the same Marjo. :roll: Geez.

Eric, nice looking cabin! Wherzdatat? (and Chase looks lilac to me, but I will not argue) ;)
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

He could be lilac. I just that that color was "blue" ... why that silver color is called blue I will never understand...

The cabin is in Illinois west of Peoria. 300+ acres around it. Mostly farmland, a couple of manmade lakes (old surface mines), and probably 30 or so acres of woods.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:He could be lilac. I just that that color was "blue" ... why that silver color is called blue I will never understand...
I could probably tell from a (cl)nose up if he is blue or Lilac.

Interesting place for a cabin, amidst farmland. Or are the lakes big enough to count as recreation? Nice looking place though. 8-)
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

The cabin is in the middle of the 30 acre's of woods. ;)

The two lakes are not big enough for recreation. But from what I'm told they are good fishing. They also hunt the property quite a bit. The one and only time I've ever been deer hunting was the weekend that picture was taken. Neither of us got anything that weekend. My buddy Chris and his friends that I met all said that very unusual.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:The one and only time I've ever been deer hunting was the weekend that picture was taken. Neither of us got anything that weekend. My buddy Chris and his friends that I met all said that very unusual.
If you took me deer hunting, you would not get anything either. :g_wink:
I like the look of bambi in the wild, not so much on my plate
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

OMG, we've got a Borg emoticon! I've gotta use it just because we have it! :borg: Star Trek is one of my all time favorites! (Tho, no frickin idea what a Borg emoticon is supposed to signify :lol: )[/quote]

:borg: Borg? Looks like Arnold in what I believe was "The Terminator", right? Remember the glowing red eye? :eek:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
icvanstra wrote:The one and only time I've ever been deer hunting was the weekend that picture was taken. Neither of us got anything that weekend. My buddy Chris and his friends that I met all said that very unusual.
If you took me deer hunting, you would not get anything either. :g_wink:
I like the look of bambi in the wild, not so much on my plate
oooh, I DO like the look of Bambi on my plate and LOVE the taste in my mouth :D
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

:assault: :squee: