who oh why a weim

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: who oh why a weim

Post by GSDNanny »

vneerland wrote::assault: :squee:
Cool! Reminds me that deer season is fastly approaching and my venison freezers for the dogs are in need of refilling (4 large freezers). Can't wait!! Lizzy Borden (me) better get my ax sharpened and ready. Pretty gross. :eew: I usually get 80-90 deer carcasses each season to process, and usually near the end get all the meat but the backstraps. Dogs love it! :wtg:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote::assault: :squee:
temper, temper :roll: :whistle:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

GSDNanny wrote:Cool! Reminds me that deer season is fastly approaching and my venison freezers for the dogs are in need of refilling (4 large freezers). Can't wait!! Lizzy Borden (me) better get my ax sharpened and ready. Pretty gross. :eew: I usually get 80-90 deer carcasses each season to process, and usually near the end get all the meat but the backstraps. Dogs love it! :wtg:
Yikes Denise! :shock: is there no bag limit in Cajun country? :? (or do you commit deer processing) :eew:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote: temper, temper :roll: :whistle:
:thunder: Bambi killers! :twak:
(you didn't think that my dogs were born mean, did you? They just resemble their owner) :twisted:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

vneerland wrote: (you didn't think that my dogs were born mean, did you? They just resemble their owner) :twisted:
Judith...you and your super small print.. I'm about ready to ban it. :camper:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

icvanstra wrote:
but Cino won't let me
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:
vneerland wrote: (you didn't think that my dogs were born mean, did you? They just resemble their owner) :twisted:
Boooooo!!!! Are you telling me you can't read a print size 50? :roll:Just get you some glasses! :twisted:
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

vneerland wrote:
GSDNanny wrote:Cool! Reminds me that deer season is fastly approaching and my venison freezers for the dogs are in need of refilling (4 large freezers). Can't wait!! Lizzy Borden (me) better get my ax sharpened and ready. Pretty gross. :eew: I usually get 80-90 deer carcasses each season to process, and usually near the end get all the meat but the backstraps. Dogs love it! :wtg:
Yikes Denise! :shock: is there no bag limit in Cajun country? :? (or do you commit deer processing) :eew:
Actually, a bro-in-law belongs to a large hunting club and as they kill them each week they put them in a walk-in frig til Tues evening when, over some brew, :pint: they get together and cut what meat they want off and then I go over with 72 qt ice chests and load them home to further cut up into meal sizes for the dogs. Hence the ax, saws, etc. Gets pretty bloody. :eek: Years ago, I found out they had been just dumping the carcasses in the river, what a waste!

Sorry, I hijacked this thread.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote: temper, temper :roll: :whistle:
:thunder: Bambi killers! :twak:
(you didn't think that my dogs were born mean, did you? They just resemble their owner) :twisted:
owww my god....... :shock: ah, well, you can't swim that far anyways :lol: :rocklicker: