What’s your pooch doing...

Have a photo you want to share?
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

What’s your pooch doing...

Post by Joxgirl »

What is your DS doing right now? Snap a picture and share.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Re: What’s your pooch doing...

Post by Joxgirl »

Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Pepsi will be getting up soon after a good nights sleep, then driving me mad until she has her first walk of the day . Then she will be nice and calm for a while. Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Jay knowles wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am Pepsi will be getting up soon after a good nights sleep, then driving me mad until she has her first walk of the day . Then she will be nice and calm for a while. Jay
The madness starts the moment Rogue wakes up. I was surprised that she napped as long as she did with that ball in her mouth.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

We were outside having a fire in the back yard. I even brought my cockatiel who sat on my shoulder the entire time. The three dogs ran around, chewed on logs, while the bird just sang. That bird thinks he's a dog so he loves going outside with them when we have fires.
Last edited by Mark77 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

My girl is still in her kennel, sleeping/working. She stays with her boy and doesn't wake him up. Today she was willing to go pee, but on mornings he has or will a migraine she won't go out unless forced. And today on the way out her ears were loose and relaxed, which also means he'll wake up in a good mood :stickman:

Hard working girl.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Mark77 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:31 pm We were outside having a fire in the back yard. I even brought my cockatiel who sat on my shoulder the entire time. The three dogs ran around, chewed on logs, while the bird just sang. That bird thinks he's a dog so he loves going outside with them when we have fires.
Mark that is so cool.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

ladyjubilee wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:55 pm My girl is still in her kennel, sleeping/working. She stays with her boy and doesn't wake him up. Today she was willing to go pee, but on mornings he has or will a migraine she won't go out unless forced. And today on the way out her ears were loose and relaxed, which also means he'll wake up in a good mood :stickman:

Hard working girl.
That’s so impressive. What a great pair they make.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Guarding the fence from the backyard neighbor Wiener dogs.

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Joxgirl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:16 pm
Mark77 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:31 pm We were outside having a fire in the back yard. I even brought my cockatiel who sat on my shoulder the entire time. The three dogs ran around, chewed on logs, while the bird just sang. That bird thinks he's a dog so he loves going outside with them when we have fires.
Mark that is so cool.
I've had that bird now twelve years and he was older when we got him- kind of a rescue. Have no idea how old he is but probably about 17 or 18. He knows he's safe on my shoulder and will stay there when we go outside- not try to fly off or anything. However one night we had a terrible mishap. It was in the fall a couple years ago and I was outside with my dogs building a fire. We used to have this huge ash tree in the yard that was over hanging the driveway and it was a creature in that tree that caused what was one of the craziest chain of events I've ever experienced.

Didn't notice it but on that night there was a giant owl sitting in a branch about twenty feet up. I went inside to retrieve a beer along with Senior Big Bird to bring him out to join us. As soon as I stepped off the back porch- the owl swooped down from the tree trying to get the cockatiel but hit me in the face instead. I then panicked and swatted it as hard as I could not knowing what it was when the owl landed right on the edge of the retaining wall just behind Zoe the Mal. Zoe, staring at the fire- didn't notice what was going on until she heard a noise behind her and spun around to see a this staggering pillow with wings behind her. It took her a second to register but then it was on.

The Mal immediately went after it with the other two Dutch Shepherds right behind. The owl at this point probably regretted it's decision, still being slightly off balance after just having been slapped by me- as it was now trying to escape three apprehensive yet aggressive dogs. It was slow motion chaos. Big Bird screaming, me getting struck in the face by some chicken looking thing while navigating the dark back steps with a beer in my hand, now watching whatever it was desperately trying to escape three dogs- all while I'm trying to make sense of exactly what was happening.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh no, that poor owl. He only wanted a snack.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

ladyjubilee wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm Oh no, that poor owl. He only wanted a snack.
The owl was fine. The dogs went after him but they were apprehensive as they never seen an owl so they kind of chased it to assess what they were going to do. The owl hopped a few times then flew off. The cockatiel landed in the corner of the yard and he was fine as well. It happened in the span of a few seconds from the time it hit me then landing on the corner wall before being chased off by the dogs. It took me a moment to process what happened. The thing that was strange was how quiet it was. I didn't hear it but the cockatiel knew it was there before I did just as it swooped in. The owl lived in the neighborhood for years and would call back and forth to another owl in the area. So I assume it had a nest or something near by. I eventually got the tree cut down because it was over hanging the house and haven't seen nor heard the owl in a long time.
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Mark that’s quite the story. Holy cow!!! Did you get injured at all.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Didn't hurt the cockatiel or me- just scared the hell out of us. It was not remotely on my radar of possible things that could ever happen when walking outside in the dark, with a cockatiel on my shoulder. The cockatiel is still with us, annoying as ever.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I've had owls bear down on mea few times while sitting still in the woods. At least one time, I'm pretty sure it was focused on my eyes, because the rest of me was covered in a ghillie suit and backed into a deadfall pine. They are completely silent. It's freaky as hell. It's what they're built for though!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Image she'll watch the back yard like this for hours.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

That's kind of what we're all doing right now.

Looking out the window hoping for the pack leaders to open the door and let us out into the world.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:lol:
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh my gosh...I love that picture.
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Mark77 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:47 am Didn't hurt the cockatiel or me- just scared the hell out of us. It was not remotely on my radar of possible things that could ever happen when walking outside in the dark, with a cockatiel on my shoulder. The cockatiel is still with us, annoying as ever.
I’m relieved to know none of you got hurt.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG