Puppies!

Have a photo you want to share?
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Re: Puppies!

Post by cake73 »

OMG! Fuzzy, big ears! Too cute!
Jannumbernext wrote:Talking about ears, I've got something to show to you:

Floor at about 4 months old:

PS
It didn't help her to listen to us properly, that took somemore time. :D
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I don't have any puppy pics of Koenig. I wish I could 'blame' one of the breeders here for his GINORMOUS ears, as I'd love to track down his breeder,.... but anyways

Have you ever seen an full size DS who's ears flop at a run? Sigh. He looks like a dork.

We've got some huge ears over here.
Kelly
Koenig
Rochele Smit
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been active in the Dutch Shepherd world for 3 years now. I am very passionate about the breed and making it better. I own Zonya Gestreepte de Tijger. We did SDA back in MI and now train both Personal Protection and Mondioring out here in Colorado.

Post by Rochele Smit »

Kelly.... I like his ears :)
Rochele Smit
Centennial Working Dogs
www.centennialworkingdogs.com

FO PA Zonya de Gestreepte Tijger - SDA, PPD, and Mondioring
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

WOW Jan! Those are BIG. :oops: And considering the fact that her adult ear size is very respectable, I think we can all look at large eared babies now and consider that there may be plenty of HOPE left for a less prominent-eared future. :o
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:WOW Jan! Those are BIG. :oops: And considering the fact that her adult ear size is very respectable, I think we can all look at large eared babies now and consider that there may be plenty of HOPE left for a less prominent-eared future. :o
Are you avoinding my question ma'am!! (I can ma'am you too!) Show us ears!!

Koenig, I can tell you why your ears flop :lol: :lol: But you are very cute anyway :)
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Rochele- I like his ears too- but I've got a couple pics where he looks like he's a complete idiot with the full speed ahead- flop ear run. :roll:
Kelly
Koenig
syzygy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Post by syzygy »

Having been around sighthounds all my life, these are nothing when compared to an Ibizan or a Pharoah! I like big ears anyway. Down here in Texas, we can always use the excuse that it aids cooling in the summertime ;).

Ellisa with two belovedly-big-eared dogs

[http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff11 ... ssmall.jpg][http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff11 ... Ksmall.jpg]
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
syzygy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Post by syzygy »

Hmm just got a link instead of an image--trying again with the big eared babies---I am jinxed with these photos.

turnnburn52984
Training Dog

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I LOVE the first one syzygy! I'll have to get that view of Koenig. :D LOL.
Kelly
Koenig
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Site Admin

Post by admin »

syzygy wrote:Hmm just got a link instead of an image--trying again with the big eared babies---I am jinxed with these photos.
Worked this time!
syzygy
Puppy

Post by syzygy »

I am finally getting this to work. My XP and "Office" programs had none of the usual choices--no "resize photo" option anywhere--not even listed in "help." The normal procedures did not work on this system, so I am doing it by the back door. The only real hangup now is photobucket--takes about 30 minutes per photo to upload. If I ever get that nice digital camera, I need to move someplace where I can get cable and WIFI 'cause there will be a flood of pictures!

Thanks for the patience of everyone while I am figuring all this out.

I guess we need to rename this category "Ears."

Ellisa
syzygy
Puppy

Post by syzygy »

Kelly wrote <<I LOVE the first one syzygy! I'll have to get that view of Koenig. :D LOL.>>

Isn't that a funny one? I had a GSD mix once with HUGE ears so I named him Radar. They say if you peek between a horse's ears you can see ghosts and spirits. I wonder what you would see between Java's ears? A T-Rex? :eek:

ELlisa
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

syzygy wrote:Isn't that a funny one? I had a GSD mix once with HUGE ears so I named him Radar. They say if you peek between a horse's ears you can see ghosts and spirits. I wonder what you would see between Java's ears? A T-Rex? :eek:
I fear that Java got blessed with her sire Rico's ears. Rico being an Arras grandson, I fear he had no chance for small ears and so he passed his lack of chances on to his offspring.

@ Rochelle. Hope you don't mind the ear-banter. Your girls ears are a lot like my Yaska's. And when I bred Yaska to Arras....OMG. I got ears that will win any big eared contest. Most of us are poking fun at ourselves. Certainly not at your pups ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Rochele Smit
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been active in the Dutch Shepherd world for 3 years now. I am very passionate about the breed and making it better. I own Zonya Gestreepte de Tijger. We did SDA back in MI and now train both Personal Protection and Mondioring out here in Colorado.

Post by Rochele Smit »

Judith.... if you look at Zonya's pedigree, you will see that she is line bred 3-3 on Arras, AND has the Arras x Yaska breeding in there... so you are right, she had NO chance!!!! :)
Rochele Smit
Centennial Working Dogs
www.centennialworkingdogs.com

FO PA Zonya de Gestreepte Tijger - SDA, PPD, and Mondioring
KRoberts626
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: New Dutch Shepherd owner. Used to own/train Beaucerons.

Post by KRoberts626 »

Rochele Smit wrote:Judith.... if you look at Zonya's pedigree, you will see that she is line bred 3-3 on Arras, AND has the Arras x Yaska breeding in there... so you are right, she had NO chance!!!! :)
Rochele, my Ziva looks a LOT like Zonya! I'll have to take a recent pic of her and post on here and try to compare
Kristen Roberts
Vrijheid's Guitan aka "Ziva" - Dutch Shepherd
Ryne des Chevaliers du Noir, CGC, FR trained (RIP 12/07 - Beauceron)