Don't let him out back, lots of mud

Have a photo you want to share?
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Don't let him out back, lots of mud

Post by Duke »

Dropped him off by my mom for a couple hours while I ran an errand, please don't let him outside with all the mud from yesterday's storm.

when I dropped him off...

Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Re: Don't let him out back, lots of mud

Post by Duke »

when I got him back...

they'll never understand :roll:
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

😂 Grandparents!!!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:09 am 😂 Grandparents!!!!
What a mess, and what a project to clean him. I recommend starting Rogue with the bath now so it isn't foreign to her
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

:lol:
Doesn't even look like the same dog. That's alot of dirt.
Karen & Xander
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

karenz wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 am :lol:
Doesn't even look like the same dog. That's alot of dirt.
That was exactly what I thought!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

My Shiloh shepherd is the worst. She lives to flop down in a silty creek bed and splash all around. Her long, double coated hair holds gallons of water and pounds of silt and debris. Lesson learned with long haired dogs.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

seriously have no idea why they let him out, once he got that dirty they had to wait for me to get back. Poor guy was out there for two hours, clearly trying to lick it off, and slide on the green grass, it was a crime scene of mud.

He looks unhappy and tired, but who knows maybe it was the time of his life, little piggy.

Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 am My Shiloh shepherd is the worst. She lives to flop down in a silty creek bed and splash all around. Her long, double coated hair holds gallons of water and pounds of silt and debris. Lesson learned with long haired dogs.

Yes, and the truth is - by all means flop foam in these creeks, and puddles, but don't give me grief when it's time to clean you up! Duke hates the bath, whether it's a hose, or a tub. and he loves the lake and the rain, so I don't get it. it's clearly not the water that's the problem.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

[/quote]
Yes, and the truth is - by all means flop foam in these creeks, and puddles, but don't give me grief when it's time to clean you up! Duke hates the bath, whether it's a hose, or a tub. and he loves the lake and the rain, so I don't get it. it's clearly not the water that's the problem.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG