This is Jag

Have a photo you want to share?
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: This is Jag

Post by Tim91118 »

How is he doing when you go hiking ? Is he free to range a bit and do his own thing ?
Tim
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Tim91118 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:33 pm How is he doing when you go hiking ? Is he free to range a bit and do his own thing ?
Yes, he is off lead but he has a really good recall. One of my primary focal points in training as a very young pup was the command “far enough”. That means stop right there and wait.

Whenever we hike he is sure to do over double whatever the total distance I do :g_wink:
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

60.2 pounds today. Only gained 0.2 pounds from last Monday. He’ll be 7 months old next week.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

60.8 pounds today. 7 months & 1 week old. Looks like he has begun to stabilize his growth a bit until the next big growth spurt.

\_😲_/
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Forgot to add latest pic:
CA54CACE-CCD0-4F54-AE9E-6C89982FB546.jpeg
CA54CACE-CCD0-4F54-AE9E-6C89982FB546.jpeg (804.97 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

We took a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and swam in Lake Michigan, Lake Huron & Lake Superior. 3 of the 5 Great Lakes knocked out.
Plan on hitting Lake Erie and Lake Ontario later this summer. The pic above is at Lake Superior :wtg: