Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.

This is Jag

Have a photo you want to share?
Tim91118
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lost a good dog and just replaced him with a nice Dutch Shepherd pup. Looking forward to raising her.

Re: This is Jag

Post by Tim91118 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Getting more brindle

NickLA
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Long time dog owner - hopefully soon to be Dutch Shepherd Owner!

Post by NickLA » Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Wow. For comparison, I weighed Aylin “Jade” today and she is 34lbs. She must take after her mom!

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Mon May 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Tim91118 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Getting more brindle
Ya, I wonder how the coat will end up after he is fully matured.

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Mon May 13, 2019 8:08 pm

NickLA wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm
Wow. For comparison, I weighed Aylin “Jade” today and she is 34lbs. She must take after her mom!
He was one of the three bigger pups in the litter.

I feed Jag a high quality kibble with a pump or two of Salmon oil every morning and in the evenings I supplement with raw to include venison, turkey, pork, chicken, beef, and bison.

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am

19 weeks old and weighs 47.5 pounds.

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm

20 weeks old and 47.2 pounds.

Lost .3 pounds from our vacation time and all the hiking and running around like the nut job that he is :yernuts:

Didn’t post while we were out exploring :whistle:

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Today Jag learned to swim 😎

Now the hard part seems to be keeping him OUT of the water 😂

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:41 pm

E16D1F62-F513-4E35-9C9D-13933EC91F11.jpeg
E16D1F62-F513-4E35-9C9D-13933EC91F11.jpeg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 407 times

Tim91118
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lost a good dog and just replaced him with a nice Dutch Shepherd pup. Looking forward to raising her.

Post by Tim91118 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Is it fresh water and now what ?

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:37 pm

Tim91118 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Is it fresh water and now what ?
Yep, freshwater lake. Now I’m looking for a Ring club preferably and if that isn’t available then a schutzhund club. Dock diving will be in there too. Lots of hiking, running along as I mountain bike and road trips to explore.

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:32 pm

21 weeks - 50.8 pounds.

Jay knowles
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:50 pm

I weighed my bitch weekly up to about a year will have to check what she was at that age. At 1 year she’s about 67lb she’s been that for a good while now so I don’t see her getting much heavier now. Jay

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 pm

57 pounds today. I lost track of the weeks but he’ll be 6 months old next week.

Tim91118
Green Dog

Post by Tim91118 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 pm

He’s a beast.....lol

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:14 am

He’s at the “let me test my limits” phase and while it’s frustrating I try to be patient. He definitely LOVES swimming and keeps me “honest” about getting out to walk and play.
As big as he is; I keep reminding myself that he’s just a puppy.

SEL
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in Arizona and have an 8 year old female Dutch Shepherd

Post by SEL » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm

He is cute! Wow he's going to be big. That lake picture looks like a postcard! That's exactly what I would like my morning to look like! Lol
Idna in AZ, (8 yrs)

Tim91118
Green Dog

Post by Tim91118 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm

Brindle Lake Dog wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Took my young dog swimming for the first time and she did great. I kept it simple and didn’t ask for much. She was a tad bit cautious to get in deep water, but second or third time out and you know how it goes.

Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:56 pm

Tim91118 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm
Brindle Lake Dog wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Took my young dog swimming for the first time and she did great. I kept it simple and didn’t ask for much. She was a tad bit cautious to get in deep water, but second or third time out and you know how it goes.
Yes I do. I now have a swimming obsessed Dutchie and I suspect that you will too :yernuts:

Jay knowles
Green Dog

Post by Jay knowles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:16 pm

I had a dog many years ago that I encouraged to swim and it became obsessed with it to the point of being dangerous. My old dog and the new pup I have not encouraged swimming although they will both have a paddle and are not bothered by water. I have found this stance so much easier to deal with. Jay

Jay knowles
Green Dog

Post by Jay knowles » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:14 pm

A bit about Pepsi's weight up to 45 weeks may interest some. Jay