Survived the first 6 months

Have a photo you want to share?
billwerk3
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New DS owner but have had GSD's currently and in the
past. Currently trying to gather useful information and tips to make me a better DS owner.

Survived the first 6 months

Post by billwerk3 »

Well, we have survived the first 6 months. :D Krieger is really an amazing dog. We just had
a weigh in and he is now 55 lbs. His favorite things to do are tug, frisbee, and chewing anything
and everything he can get his mouth on (he is teething right now).
Did have a question for the more experienced owners, are all dutchies VERY vocal? Krieger loves
to vocalize (bark, whine, chirping, etc..) when interacting. He always seem to have something
to say. I have/had and worked around GSD's and Mals and none have been this vocal.
Attachments
k dog 6 months.jpg
k dog 6 months.jpg (212.5 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Living with
DS Krieger (Vrijheids Blitzkrieger)
GSD Jager
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Survived the first 6 months

Post by Tim91118 »

The vocalizing is an expression of his drive and intensity. That is a good thing. You can work on this when interacting, so that you have control over some of his strong impulses. You can teach him to play under your rules. Looks like a nice solid pup.
Tim
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

it depends. My sadie is so vocal but my Thalie never made a peep.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
billwerk3
Just Whelped
past. Currently trying to gather useful information and tips to make me a better DS owner.

Post by billwerk3 »

Thank you for your input.
Living with
GSD Jager
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Mine seem to talk a lot, barks, whining noises, and high pitched noises when they see other animals. Single bark when they want in the house, a bark then turn in a circle when they want out. The Mal will also clack her jaws and then point with her nose if she wants something. They are very smart animals- they understand a lot of what you are saying not just commands, they pick up on things very quickly.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

billwerk3 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:26 am are all dutchies VERY vocal?
Have you heard the Chewbacca noises yet?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Jaguar is a MOTOR MOUTH!!!!!

My Mal and my Labs were no where near as vocal. I feel like I’m paying some Karmic penance for having such quiet dogs previously :lmao:
billwerk3
Just Whelped

Post by billwerk3 »

No Chewbacca noises yet. Just lotsa bark, whine, yips and what I call quiet "churling".
My GSD looks at me like he's saying is this thing ever going to shut up. :music2:
Living with
GSD Jager