Soccer fans!!

Have a photo you want to share?
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Soccer fans!!

Post by vneerland »

:lol: I was mostly referring to the last picture when I commented on his motivation. Love it. He seems quite bored with the entire session by then. LOVELY backdrop, BTW. I feel embarrassed about my own jungle now (like Leih diplomatically stated: "lots of vegetation") :D
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

icvanstra wrote: ... but he kept tripping over the shirt...
Eric, you gotta tie it up in the back, on top of his back...just knot it up there so it won't trip him with the hem. You can use a rubber band to make a little t-shirt ponytail kind of thing (used to do this with my GSD when she had tumors removed on her chest and needed something to protect that area).

The first picture with all the flowers is great!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

leih merigian wrote: Eric, you gotta tie it up in the back, on top of his back...just knot it up there so it won't trip him with the hem. You can use a rubber band to make a little t-shirt ponytail kind of thing
LOL. This is clearly a girl skill. We all did it with our shirts as kids!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

OK. Finally got out this morning to get a couple of snaps of my two. Disclosure: they were bribed with and paid in a few tasty biscuits. :mrgreen:

p.s. As I got these off of my camera, I looked outside and noticed our orange daylilies and briefly thought about taking them out again for some more photos...but, I see it's already been done. :D
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Awesome photos, everyone!

Yaska, indeed, does NOT look thrilled and Cino looks like he's just given in to the moment. :lol:
Love the girl with the soccer ball, too!

The photos on the Dutch DS forum are really something! When I caught myself considering the orange boas in the craft store, I cut myself off. Plus, I couldn't get these hats out of my mind and really wanted those!

(from the rowing medal event at the Sydney Olympics, 2000)

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

leih merigian wrote: Eric, you gotta tie it up in the back, on top of his back...just knot it up there so it won't trip him with the hem. You can use a rubber band to make a little t-shirt ponytail kind of thing (used to do this with my GSD when she had tumors removed on her chest and needed something to protect that area).

The first picture with all the flowers is great!
Christie - I think it is a girl thing. Didn't even think of it until Leih mentioned it.

The picture with flowers was taken behind the Art Center that is not far from my place. The photo with the metal object in it ... same place http://www.indplsartcenter.org/ I've taken some classed over there. Cheap and fun.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Cheryl,
Lovely! Your two look so darn pleased at that camera. 8-) "Gimmegimmegimme mom. Please? Now? Please? "
Those sydney hats are crazy, BTW. Must be one wild country, those Netherlands. :twisted:

Well. Despite the fans support, it was not to be. I asked Nico what he thought about the outcome of the match.
He just gave me this look...............

bayca
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Jan,lives in holland with 3 DS

Post by bayca »

Viva Espana :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Well, at least we got some cool DS pics out of it! :D
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

bayca wrote:Viva Espana :mrgreen:
Traitor! :shock:
:evil: :o :x :cry: (and a whole lot of other smilies, not installed here yet, but none of them nice) ;)
cake73

Post by cake73 »

vneerland wrote:Your two look so darn pleased at that camera. 8-) "Gimmegimmegimme mom. Please? Now? Please? "

[snip]

Well. Despite the fans support, it was not to be. I asked Nico what he thought about the outcome of the match.
He just gave me this look...............
:shock: Should have put Nico in goal!

Yes. My two are very food motivated! Kaya is very good about sitting and staying. Marley, because I've been lazy in working on his obedience, will sit, but then will move closer to where the treats are. :P

k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Judith,

I love Yaska's white eye lashes! So cute!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

k9katet wrote:I love Yaska's white eye lashes! So cute!
I agree! :o She still had teeth like you would not believe (especially for a titled bitch) and her muzzle really is not that gray. The lashes are this last years addition to her look. Amazing how even dogs have individual aging traits. Yaska is physically still pretty strong, especially for her age. But I have heard her state the other day that: 'off all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most" :oops:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
bayca wrote:Viva Espana :mrgreen:
Traitor! :shock:
:evil: :o :x :cry: (and a whole lot of other smilies, not installed here yet, but none of them nice) ;)
Yeah, those shooting and hitting ones are missing! :evil:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:(smilies)Yeah, those shooting and hitting ones are missing! :evil:
Maybe I can send Eric over to the Dutch forum, smooch up one of the mods over there and beg them to tell him where they got their extenced collection? ;) :mrgreen:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Patience my Judith.

I looked at adding more ... i'll get back to it. 8-)
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

*tap*tap* tap*tap* tap*
(my fingers on my desk. Me being patient) :roll:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php ... milies.htm

*tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* *taptaptap*