What’s your pooch doing...

Have a photo you want to share?
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Re: What’s your pooch doing...

Post by Joxgirl »

SEL wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm The two of them let me sleep in until 6:30 today, wow! Sometimes they wake me up before 6:00 am, but I try to go back to sleep. We just got back from our morning walk to the park. Happy that Laszlo is back playing with the ball. For a couple of weeks he took it easy and didn't have much interest in it, but did have interest in the tug. Back chasing his ball now, but I'm still being careful and keeping on eye on that back leg.
IMG_8372.jpg
Glad to hear Laszlo is getting better.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

centrop67 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:12 pm Guarding the fence from the backyard neighbor Wiener dogs.

Hahaha. We have a few snack sized pups in the neighborhood that drive all my dogs crazy.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:27 pm I've had owls bear down on mea few times while sitting still in the woods. At least one time, I'm pretty sure it was focused on my eyes, because the rest of me was covered in a ghillie suit and backed into a deadfall pine. They are completely silent. It's freaky as hell. It's what they're built for though!
Oh man. If some owl found me in a Ghillie suit, I would be so scared. I would be wondering what else can find me.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:29 pm Image she'll watch the back yard like this for hours.
I love photos like this. I love to watch Rogue look out the window. It deepens my respect for how intelligent these dogs are.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

SEL wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:22 pm LET ME OUT!!!
IMG_7.jpg
I’m glad Rouge only does this when outside wanting to come in. Fun pic.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Will put more pics later this week of all three.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Snuggles and Gotcha did. They were so bonded that any time they slept they wanted to be touching in some way. (Peanuts was the odd dog out, but even he had to share the same kennel. All three hated being separated.)

I still feel for Laslo. Like Casper, he has the little glint in his eye that says he just can't relax fully. I know from the human perspective it takes years to recover, but so sad.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

One of my friends studied sheep behavior. Apparently, sheep have "friends" and sheep have "not friends". Sheep that are "friends" will, apparently, stand beside each other. If they don't "like" each other, they will stand perpendicular.

I also didn't know that it is harder to find/capture 1 sheep than it is 2 or more sheep.

From the picture, it looks like Laszlo is hoping is older friend will be his touchstone.

Casper isn't there yet. He still sleeps in a little pocket area by my mom's bed. But it is funny that he and Bramble will play, and pretty rough at that. Frankly, they play, and I'm intimidated by her huge teeth.....but then the other day while they were playing (Bramble in full Jaws mode) a teeny tiny piece of fabric slipped to the floor---and still Casper running in terror. He didn't come out of his hidey hole during the next day.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs