July 2013 Photo Contest: Nap Time

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

July 2013 Photo Contest: Nap Time

Post by icvanstra »

The theme for this month is: Nap Time

The usual rules:
1) Please submit one photo
2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
3) Please put the canine's name in your post
4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Re: July 2013 Photo Contest: Nap Time

Post by Stacy_R »

darn!! it seems I posted the perfect picture for this month's contest in last month's contest! LOL
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh this is going to be good.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Stacy_R wrote:darn!! it seems I posted the perfect picture for this month's contest in last month's contest! LOL
Me too!

I have alot of nap pics...I'm not sure how I'll choose. Your right Lisa, this should be a good one!
Sue (and Sugar)

johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

do nap time photos need to show actual sleeping, I wonder? my nap time photos are mostly devoid of actual napping - it's more like a decoy for more nefarious activities.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Kazdog
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have trained/titled dogs in an assortment of Agility, Obedience, Rally, Dock Diving, and I am working on IPO.

Post by Kazdog »

Tidus sleeping. Sometimes he slides off things...
Attachments
NapTime.jpg
NapTime.jpg (496.06 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Stacey
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha! That's the pose my stepson wanted to post of Sugar!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dark Side
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/

Post by Dark Side »

Ok, I'll give it a try ith my old lady... ;)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I think we are going to get alot of the legs up in the air pose !
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

OK, going back to puppy pics...here is Sugar!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HAHAHA That is so adorable Sue !!!! I want to snuggle with Sugar !
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thalie and Sadie. Sadie was a pup here, no way they both would fit on a bed together now :lol:

That is a bean bad chair that Thalie LOVED, until she loved it too much and it exploded, and yes, the pellets went ev-ery-where !
IMG00130-20110120-1303.jpg
IMG00130-20110120-1303.jpg (91.14 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
ImageImage
WorkingK9
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)

Post by WorkingK9 »

We were having an upside down party, but I could not get both dogs in the same pic. I was the one doing all the work, not sure why they are so tired lol

This is K cuddled next to me, Tri is at the foot of the bed, just out of the shot
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Thalie and Sadie. Sadie was a pup here, no way they both would fit on a bed together now :lol:

That is a bean bad chair that Thalie LOVED, until she loved it too much and it exploded, and yes, the pellets went ev-ery-where !
IMG00130-20110120-1303.jpg

Awwww, look how little Sadie is there!
Sue (and Sugar)

Revhendo
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Post by Revhendo »

Dinga Roo and I had a hard morning....

Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Dark Side
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/

Post by Dark Side »

I've just read the rules (after posting, lol), and so would just like to add my "old lady"'s name is Reglisse, as I forgot to say it... ;)
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

My husband snapped this one as I was napping with all 3 dogs on the couch:
Snickers thought that Tyson made a mighty fine pillow...and Baby Ruth is snuggled at the end of the couch by my feet. :sleepy:
Snickers says: "Tyson makes a mighty fine pillow!"
Snickers says: "Tyson makes a mighty fine pillow!"
892521_10151587196505631_529009536_o.jpg (152.71 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Dutchringgirl wrote: That is a bean bad chair that Thalie LOVED, until she loved it too much and it exploded, and yes, the pellets went ev-ery-where !
Well, there you have an explanation why Sadie destroys her beds! Just following her big sis' role model. :roll: :lol:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sugars Mom wrote:

Awwww, look how little Sadie is there!
Sadie was teeny weeny when I brought her home, I dont know what happened !!! Now Thalie is the teeny weeny.
ImageImage
credto
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer

Post by credto »

Sound a sleep...Tucker always knows when your fork is done and hits :shock: the plate.
Attachments
out cold and awake too
out cold and awake too
904339_622728534408488_551513137_o.jpg (216.94 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
Tom & Teri