January 2011 Photo Contest - Gezellig

Monthly Photo Contest
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Re: January 2011 Photo Contest - Gezellig

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I can't hardly compete with all these great photos of multiple DS's getting all cozy... but here is my family's shot of Gezellig.

(it was either this shot, or one of Kylie, my 2 yr old sleeping on Koenig.)
Kelly
Koenig
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

turnnburn52984 wrote:I can't hardly compete with all these great photos of multiple DS's getting all cozy... but here is my family's shot of Gezellig.

(it was either this shot, or one of Kylie, my 2 yr old sleeping on Koenig.)
I personally like the addition of a cat :-) I may have to vote for this one!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Lily is terrible... she think she's a dog. Grooms Sara obsessively(to the point where I'll 'pssst' at her cause the sound is driving me bonkers), and if Koenig will hold still she'll groom him too. She's been known to ambush the dogs from behind a chair or around a corner. :)

Link to a video of silly cat and dog for anyone who has facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 2&comments
Kelly
Koenig
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

OK, I realize this photo doesn't really approximate the meaning of the word, but it's gonna be the best we can do right now :mrgreen:

leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein, that makes me laugh. Verny nice looking batch, on that bright red pillow.
But I have never woken up, after a nap with friends, and claimed that that was 'gezellig'. ;) Have you? :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:Marjolein, that makes me laugh. Verny nice looking batch, on that bright red pillow.
But I have never woken up, after a nap with friends, and claimed that that was 'gezellig'. ;) Have you? :mrgreen:
yuo've got a point :roll:
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

vneerland wrote:Marjolein, that makes me laugh. Verny nice looking batch, on that bright red pillow.
Ok Judith, are we supposed to be reading between the lines here?!?! I would call that something else too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

GSDNanny wrote:
Ok Judith, are we supposed to be reading between the lines here?!?! I would call that something else too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: is right!!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

you guys are making my innocent little pupppies look real bad :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Marjolein wrote:you guys are making my innocent little pupppies look real bad :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
They are absolutely adorable puppers! So innocent when they are very young and napping but oh my how they change!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
MXCasey
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Veterinary student in Mexico City, my grfriend is a vet, we live with 2 Westies 1 Road Shepherd (male) and i Dutch shepherd (female): Koko van Neerland

Post by MXCasey »

@Judith. Sorry Judith, this is the 'gezellig' contest. Not the 'ezelsoren' contest. In the latter case you would have been the winner.

Now my contribution:

Kees
Dear visitors:
1). My dogs live here. You don't.
2). If you don't want their hair on your clothes, please steer clear of their furniture.
3). I love my dogs a lot more than I love most most people.
4). For you: pets. For me: my furry friends.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

MXCasey wrote:@Judith. Sorry Judith, this is the 'gezellig' contest. Not the 'ezelsoren' contest. In the latter case you would have been the winner.
:evil: What's wrong with that pup's ears? (ezelsoren= donkey ears. Donkey ears, well...part of that speaks for itself, the other meaning refers to the folded (!) paper at the top of a books page)

I think Kees' submission for 'gezellig' should also be entered into the 'how many dogs do you see in this picture' contest. It took me a while. :o
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

vneerland wrote:I think Kees' submission for 'gezellig' should also be entered into the 'how many dogs do you see in this picture' contest. It took me a while. :o
I count five ... if you count the stuffed one.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:
vneerland wrote:I think Kees' submission for 'gezellig' should also be entered into the 'how many dogs do you see in this picture' contest. It took me a while. :o
I count five ... if you count the stuffed one.
The stuffed on e is the brindle, right? :dsshock: :dssmile:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:The stuffed on e is the brindle, right? :dsshock: :dssmile:
Brindle? Do you see a brindle? I see black, (the footwarmer) white,(the pillows) sable (the couch ornament) and grey (the loyal keeper of the dresser) :roll: And somewhere in there, there is a very tired girlfriend too. :mrgreen:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

black? I see brindle in the photo ... about as dark as Cino is.

So ... still five.
- Brindle
- white on top of the couch back
- white snuggling...unless my eyes are playing a trick on me
- sable on the other couch
- and of course the stuffed one
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote:black? I see brindle in the photo ... about as dark as Cino is.
She is his half sister. :oops:
So ... still five.
I think so too. 8-)

So that's it for january Eric? Closing the contest, I assume. :?
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

This has been one of our more active monthly photo contests! :dssmile:

If I don't get the voting set up today, it may not be until next week that I get a chance to do it.

Closing the topic...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal