March 2014 Photo contest: Participation

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

March 2014 Photo contest: Participation

Post by icvanstra »

Theme for March 2014: Participation

----

The usual rules:

1) Submit only one photo.

2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo

3) Please put the canine's name in your post

4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.

5) Please have a Dutch Shepherd in the photo.

----

The usual rules:

1) Submit only one photo.

2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo

3) Please put the canine's name in your post

4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.

5) Please have a Dutch Shepherd in the photo.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: March 2014 Photo contest: Participation

Post by LyonsFamily »

I guess I'll take a stab at this one.

Miss Elli is "participating" in house hold chores by bringing her stuffed animals into the laundry room and dropping them in the washer. I have a series of pictures from just before this explaining why they all had to be washed. The little princess decided they all needed a bath in the shower and plopped them in one by one as the tub was draining and I was getting ready and they got filthy from being dragged around wet.
Attachments
Elli-washer.jpg
Elli-washer.jpg (479.97 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Made me laugh. Good choice for the contest.

Thor has quite a few household chores and one is helping with the laundry (gathering his father's errant articles of clothing, putting clothes in hampers, and washer and dryer detail).
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

LOL...Elli cracks me up. She and Odin truly are the perfect pair. :)
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HAHAHA so funny !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Smanders
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah, my puppy is named Hobbes. He is 5 months old and full of piss and vinegar. Currently training in obedience and just starting with tracking. This is my first puppy so I am always looking for advice!

Post by Smanders »

1.jpg
1.jpg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
Apple picking a couple days after we got him :) A big help ... found out that day that he really enjoys rotten fruit. Guess how much fun that was to try and keep all the fallen apples away from him.
-Sarah & Hobbes-
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh Sarah, if he isnt the cutest !!!!!
ImageImage
Smanders
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah, my puppy is named Hobbes. He is 5 months old and full of piss and vinegar. Currently training in obedience and just starting with tracking. This is my first puppy so I am always looking for advice!

Post by Smanders »

Dutchringgirl wrote:oh Sarah, if he isnt the cutest !!!!!
:D

It's a good thing he is SO cute!! Haha! I'm excited for the "terrible two's" to end... someone mentioned in a previous post that they start keeping all 4 legs on the ground sometime around 8 months ....
-Sarah & Hobbes-
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Smanders wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:oh Sarah, if he isnt the cutest !!!!!
:D

Smanders wrote:It's a good thing he is SO cute!! Haha! I'm excited for the "terrible two's" to end

they end???????????????????????????????????????????? :doh: :duh:
ImageImage
Smanders
Puppy

Post by Smanders »

dutchringgirl wrote:they end???????????????????????????????????????????? :doh: :duh:
"Oh boy" :eek: I knew I should have stuck with goldfish ...
-Sarah & Hobbes-
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Does weeding the garden count? He weeds in his own special way. He is trying to participate but really just makes a bigger mess. Lol

Xander and Karen
Attachments
gardening.jpg
gardening.jpg (106.07 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
Karen & Xander
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Hope I'm not to late to join! Here's Hendrix participating in "crate games".
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

such a great-looking dog is Hendrix
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

Moko. Participating in family sled-fun. :)
Attachments
team pull.jpg
team pull.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

sadie partaking in swimming lessons.
Attachments
sadie_goggles.jpg
sadie_goggles.jpg (26.61 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Radar cooling off after participating in water sports.

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Sakima and Xander dig holes in search of moles and then, for some reason, Tracer likes to participate in the fun by flopping INTO the holes when he thinks they are big enough to be comfortable lounges.

TRACER & XANDER

[that's a really nice pic of Radar just posted!]
Attachments
DSC03830(1).jpg
DSC03830(1).jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka