Photo contest May 2014: Derby

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Photo contest May 2014: Derby

Post by icvanstra »

Theme for May 2014: Derby

------
The usual rules:

1) Submit only one photo.
2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
3) Please put the canine's name in your post
4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
5) Please have a Dutch Shepherd in the photo.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Photo contest May 2014: Derby

Post by centrop67 »

I assume that the confusing theme is the reason that there's no entries this month.

Anyone care to give some ideas on how to meet the theme?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

A dog (or dogs) running like the wind? A dog displayed with a competition medal(s)? A dog wearing a derby in a most stylish manner? A dog protecting the reputations of a cloister of Botox-laden, gin-soaked, broad-rimmed hat fairing belles and gentlemen with horses in the background? A dog within sight of a sign posted or Photoshopped that they're in (a town/county of) Derby? Roller skates...or roller skate background...? Football? That's all the useless ideas I have. Wait...a dog that looks like it's at a roller derby wearing a derby (and maybe with a sign or banner in the background that reads something like, "Welcome to Derby County. Home of roller derby champions.")

Good one, Eric. I'd go for a derby-wearing DS--and the accompanying expression of disdain, bewilderment or resolve. Now that I think of it, I believe Rufus (Rufus?) has pulled this off. While not a DS, he sported a most fashionable figure with it.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
deadrabbits
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue

Post by deadrabbits »

Now I just need to find a small saddle and a spider monkey in a jock uniform and I think I might have it
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

centrop67 wrote:I assume that the confusing theme is the reason that there's no entries this month.

Anyone care to give some ideas on how to meet the theme?
I don't look at the themes ever as confusing... they are always open for interpretation. It is often that the contests take off in a tangent that isn't what I thought it would be.

Or the flip side. Someone submits a photo that I personally don't think has anything to do with the theme for the month and it is popular.

The somewhat annual "whatever" theme is generally the biggest submissions each year.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Raven wrote:A dog protecting the reputations of a cloister of Botox-laden, gin-soaked, broad-rimmed hat fairing belles and gentlemen with horses in the background?
NICE!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

HOME-STRETCH with Tracer in the lead, followed by Xander and Sakima

i never thought that on the 28th i would be the 1st to post an entry; and the strange thing is that as soon as Eric posted the topic, i thought i had 20 ''derby'' shots worth considering [unfortunately been very tied-up and could not get to it]. there are better racing photos from times past but this is my choice of recent pics with today's crew - and one where the main impression is NOT blur. I will post a couple other ''derby'' shots of Sakima, Xander, and Tracer in the photo section.
Attachments
Home-Stretch: TRACER LEADING XANDER & SAKIMA
Home-Stretch: TRACER LEADING XANDER & SAKIMA
20130918064322(27)(1).jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

wow, no pictures???? I guess am just as guilty!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Mr. H won't hold still long enough to snap a pic in a derby hat. I'm determined though!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

I have been lax in taking photos...I still have 2 days...the pressure is on.
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

I wanna see a shot of Hendrix in a derby with a big, ol' fat stogy dangling from a corner of his mouth. :twisted: Just do it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I'll give you a trillion dollars.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Titus_22
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 7month old dutch named titus... I had an account under Dutchie_17 but my email address I used for it got erased and I don't know the pass word for it so I have made myself a new one! :)

Post by Titus_22 »

Titus smoked the competition (a pitbull and America bulldog) anyways I like to this that this picture accurately represents his face while he races around haha just a funny take on what I think of Derby! Enjoy Image
Proud owner of Titus my year old Dutch <3

Born April 9th 2013
Titus_22
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 7month old dutch named titus... I had an account under Dutchie_17 but my email address I used for it got erased and I don't know the pass word for it so I have made myself a new one! :)

Post by Titus_22 »

Like to think that this* lol

Born April 9th 2013
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

That shot of Titus is AWESOME. He looks possessed.
Titus_22
Puppy

Post by Titus_22 »

haha why thank you! lol half the pictures I take he looks evil in!! >:D but that's just a duchie for ya! :P

Born April 9th 2013