September 2018 Theme: Training

Monthly Photo Contest
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

September 2018 Theme: Training

Post by centrop67 »

Let's see your Dutch Shepherd training.

Enter here or send me your entry. If you send me your entry please remember to give me your username and the name of the dog.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Re: September 2018 Theme: Training

Post by oddbird »

Down stay on a busy beach without holding onto the leash :) Pretty proud since he was about 9 months old when this picture was taken and there were other dogs running around, kids throwing balls, etc. We have fun doing environmental and distraction training!

Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Zoey
Bark and hold
Last edited by borellar15 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Ennnnn. Looks so badass. Beautiful dog!
Image Image
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

borellar15 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:05 pm Ennnnn. Looks so badass. Beautiful dog!
Thanks man! That was from last year. Very windy day working tracks and area searches. That field in the pic was about 3 acres. She worked the whole thing off leash and working just a few minutes she found the 6”scrap of deer hide I had lobbed into the middle of it.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

TimL_168 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 am She worked the whole thing off leash and working just a few minutes she found the 6”scrap of deer hide I had lobbed into the middle of it.
Nice!!
Image Image
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Submitted by debiandten.

Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Just a couple of days left to get your entry in.

Steve - I would have thought this month's theme would be right up your alley. It's probably just difficult to chose only one.
Michael