DS Average weight scale

Monthly Photo Contest
Aibak
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dutchie owner

DS Average weight scale

Post by Aibak »

What is the average weight of 3 months DS?
I got a 3 months DS that weight 25.5lbs and i want him to grow to his maximum potential, I searched for a DS weight scale and couldn’t find.
Pls give me the average weight at :
3-4-5-6 months
Thank you
Attachments
B5B56BA6-D67B-409B-A08E-723A2F540526.jpeg
B5B56BA6-D67B-409B-A08E-723A2F540526.jpeg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3292 times
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: DS Average weight scale

Post by Tim91118 »

Go to the category labeled photographs and look at the thread titled “This is Jag”
The weight of the pup is listed every week
Tim
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Jag was one of the three largest is his litter. I do keep a weekly tally of his weight but bear in mind that he’s at the top of the scale for size to my knowledge.

My advice would be to not worry about average weights to compare your dogs growth rate but rather to ensure he has a quality food source and plenty of exercise. Given those two things your pup will develop to it’s fullest potential.

There are so many variables when it comes to development. The size of the parents, which genes your pup inherited and of course it’s diet.

The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to love and enjoy your pup! :DSlove:
Aibak
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dutchie owner

Post by Aibak »

“Aion” is my first pet i ever had and i love him so much , the thing that i did wrong , is that i toke him from his mother at his 4th week of age and after 2 days from now he will be 3 months so i was worried that because i toke him early that will affect his growth but after knowing that jag (a big handsome boy) weighted at the same age 26.2 lbs im not worried anymore
Btw im changing aions diet from a puppy royal canin to carnilove high protien grain free and im giving him 4 meals/day and exercise him 3-4 times/day .
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Nice handsome pup
Tim
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Awwwwwe
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Have you spoken to the vet about the change to grain free? I had Bramble on a grain free diet and the vet had kept take her off of it because of the new research linking grain free diets and heart disease. https://topdogtips.com/grain-free-foods ... t-disease/
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Mines just on a raw diet and seems to thrive on it. She loves all the bones !
dwalker19
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Newbie to the Dutch Shepherd finally after contemplating between a Mal or DS. I purchased my first pup in April he was the runt with spunk. I'm currently participating and studying the sport IGP.

Post by dwalker19 »

Ive wondered the same for my pup. He was the runt and is still under weight but is slowly climbing he 14wks not even 15lbs.
WalkerTX19
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

The FDA has updated their investigation on canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and diet (grain free is one of the diets reported), and are seeking reports on affected dogs.

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/n ... iomyopathy
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs