Kora is One year old today!

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
Jennyt0319
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Jennifer. My whole life I have been interested in dogs. I starting learning about all the different breeds and their characteristics at a very young age.
Now that I am older & out on my own, I felt it was a good time to rescue my own dog. I searched for about 6 months.
It was my third time around when i met a 8 week old Dutch Shepherd. The moment we met i knew she had picked me. It was an instant connection. The shelter said someone found her and two sister pups abandoned in the woods. Her sisters were adopted that same week. Her name is Kora, she has a tan brindle coat and is the best companion I could ever have in a dog. She amazes me everyday with her intelligence and personality.

Kora is One year old today!

Post by Jennyt0319 »

I rescued our dutch shepherd from a shelter last march. She is one year old today! She is so smart, protective, and curious of everything. We love her to death! We can't wait for many years to come! Some pictures!! from when she was puppy until now..
Jenn & Kora
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Re: Kora is One year old today!

Post by johninny »

Happy Birthday KORA !!

love the 1st photo with one floppy ear -- very distinquished.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

Happy Birthday! Thank you for rescuing!!!
She is gorgeous!!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Kitty_the_dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello, we have rescued a new addition. His name is Kitty and he was saved from poor conditions in downtown L.A.. we saw him posted on craigslist and couldnt srop thinking about him, the next day we decided he was the one. As we had been looking at getting a pup anyways. We were told he was 8 weeks when we got him and he had been dewormed, and had shots. We were alao told he was a black lab and Australlian shepard mix. After a trip to the vet the next day, none of that held up. HE WAS ONLY 6 WEEKS!!!! had worms and no shots. Weighed 7.4 pounds, happy to inform 3 weeks of having him anf he is a whopping 15 pounds!

Post by Kitty_the_dog »

at about what age did her ears start to stand up? I have a 9 week old and his ears are floppy like the picture of Kora at the bottom.
“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Happy birthday Kora. She is beautiful.
Karen & Xander
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Old thread, guys, just so you know.

There's a lot of threads about ears standing up. I'd do a search on "ears" since sometimes things get addressed in threads that have nothing to do with the original topic. Someone else may pop in here, though, and reply. (I don't remember. It's usually related to the growth of their teeth.)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

I have a thread on here about ears. Xander's would stand fall stand flop one up both up one down. It was very frustrating. His finally both stayed up at about 9 1/2 months or so. He was a late bloomer. His ears are wide and huge. It's hard to tell in his pics because his longer hair hides the hugeness. I can't remember everything that people posted on my thread. Search "ear frustration"
Karen & Xander