Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Newport News Police K-9 turns 2! Story Link
www.13newsnow.com wrote:The pup (K9 Chaos) is a Dutch Shepherd from the Netherlands.
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Djino, retired St. Helena PD K9, dies at age 13 Story Link
napavalleyregister.com wrote:Djino, a Dutch Shepherd who served as a K-9 for the St. Helena Police Department, died Friday at the age of 13. Djino came from Holland in 2010 and joined the department in September of that year.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 pm

How the Aftermath K-9 grant helps police agencies fund K-9 programs Story Link
www.policeone.com wrote:In an effort to provide law enforcement with access to this valuable resource, Aftermath created the Annual K-9 Grant to help offset the cost of creating or maintaining a K-9 program.

Pekin’s current K-9 Officer is a Dutch Shepherd named Ahen. He and Sgt. Rob Jones are certified through the Illinois State Police/ILESTB. Ahen is skilled in narcotics detection, tracking and suspect apprehension; he is also a great ambassador for the department, regularly visiting local schools and community functions.

The 2018 Aftermath K-9 Grant kicks off October 1st. Details and rules for the K-9 Grant can be found on the Aftermath website http://www.aftermath.com/K9-Grant.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:36 pm

KPD has a cute new officer with pretty eyes and lots of hair (and four legs and a tail) Story Link
www.knoxnews.com/ wrote:Mod is a two-year-old Dutch Shepherd and has undergone extensive and intense training in suspect apprehension, tracking and narcotics detection.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm

For a tennis ball, sheriff’s K-9 keeps court facilities safe from explosives Story Link
chicago.suntimes.com wrote:David Parker would die for his 5-year-old Dutch shepherd Joey, and is pretty sure the dog would give his life up for him.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Shoppes at Flemington scares up new Halloween event Story Link
www.nj.com wrote:The Shoppes At Flemington is planning its inaugural "Halloween Spooktacular" mall-wide event on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 4 to 7 p.m.

At 5:15 p.m. the department's (Flemington Police Department) K9 officer Jax, a Dutch Shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix, will give a demonstration of his crime-fighting abilities.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm

NYPD training more women to be K-9 officers Story Link
www.fox5ny.com wrote:Detective Collins's Dutch shepherd named Freedom sniffs out a gun hidden in a car. Another gun is hidden in a box, which the dog finds. After switching the boxes around, the dog finds the gun again. Detective Collins says you have to love animals and watching them find a suspect or piece of evidence is an amazing feeling.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm

K-9 Blek completes training, starts duty for Tuscola County Sheriff's Office Story Link
www.abc12.com wrote:K-9 Blek just completed his initial training and is officially on duty. The Dutch Shepherd will work alongside Deputy Robinson and continue to hone his skills.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Washington’s K-9 unit gets substantial donation [url=http://www.pekintimes.com/news/20181028/washingtons-k-9-unit-gets-substantial-donation]Story Link[/url]
www.pekintimes.com wrote:A monetary donation from Keith Zimmerman in honor of his late parents paid for the purchase of a new Ford Explorer being used by Washington police officer Dan Foster and his K-9 partner Thor.

Thor is a 6 1/2-year-old Dutch Shepherd from the Netherlands who weighs 83 pounds. Most of his police work is sniffing out drugs. He also tracks and searches in buildings.
Michael