Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

New option for posting images: Image

Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 am

Brunswick Police Department ends 15-year K-9 void
www.theforecaster.net wrote:Jack, a German-Dutch shepherd, is set to become the department’s first K-9 in 15 years.
Story Link
Warning: The site does not appear to have a secure (https) connection link.

The site is for The Forecaster in Falmouth, ME.
The URL is www.theforecaster.net/brunswick-police-department-ends-15-year-k-9-void
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Cloquet police adding second K9 Story Link
pinejournal.com wrote:The current CPD dog, Raja, a Dutch shepherd — a cousin of the German shepherd breed — is a single-use K9 that has been trained in drug detection. Raja is assigned to the Detective Division with her handler, Detective/Sgt. Scott Holman.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm

New K-9 police dog named after fallen Officer Glenn Doss Story Link
www.clickondetroit.com wrote:K-9 Doss was donated by the charity Prevention Concepts and Solutions in honor of a fallen cop. Detroit police Officer Glenn Doss Jr. was killed in January.

Thornsberry’s new partner is a 15-month-old Dutch shepherd, and the duo is still getting to know one another.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Somersworth to launch K-9 program
www.fosters.com wrote:Police Chief Dave Kretschmar introduced K-9 Bravo to the council, officially announcing the department’s first ever K-9 program. Bravo, a 19-month-old male Dutch Shepherd bred in the Netherlands, will be specifically trained to assist police and other law-enforcement personnel.
Note; This site does not offer a secure (https) link: www.fosters.com/news/20181105/somersworth-to-launch-k-9-program
Michael