Microsoft "Why We Need A Dog" Commercial

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
Ilio
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Owner of a rescued DS, my first, that we adopted on faith without meeting and it was love at first sight. I share our DS, named Ku, with the flyingdutchman on this forum. Ku is the Hawaiian Tiki god of war. Ilio is the Hawaiian word for dog

Microsoft "Why We Need A Dog" Commercial

Post by Ilio »

In this add in the beginning there is a scene showing a dog doing bite work, it is a scene of a DS take from a Nat Geo documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyWbjPRsDg so it's a two for one :D
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Microsoft "Why We Need A Dog" Commercial

Post by Raven »

Forgot about that commercial. It's not played much. I think Christie stated once that the DS in the NatGeo doc is/is probably KNPV.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

At 30 inches and 130 pounds, it sure isn't show lines. Maximum breed standard is 24.4 inches. :dssmile: I like how they focus in on those eyes.
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

He's completely KNPV and he is not even close to that big. LOL. I'm thinking it was a bit embellished for entertainment purposes.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

That's a relief! I saw that and I thought that was one humoungo dog! I do know a lady with a GSD that 105 pounds. Both her and the dog's breeder are embarrassed about the size, because the breeder definitely did not intended to breed a dog that big.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Pretty neat though, but yeah, 30" is up to my waist, dont think so. When I did ring it did seem the harder hitters were the DS, the Mals had great holds and hard bites but they didnt hit as hard over all.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Go Dutch Shepherds!!!! Awesome video :) I had seen the commercial a few months ago, that kid really does need a dog :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

They mixed it up with the American Bulldog which is quoted as 20" and 60 pounds
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Schlussdibusti wrote:They mixed it up with the American Bulldog which is quoted as 20" and 60 pounds
Which, of course, serves the educational components very well. At least it wasn't as bad as seeing a chimp on the cover of a book about monkeys or a koala on the cover of a book about bears. :doh:
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

If anyone hasn't seen the commercial here it is: Boy needs dog PPT commercial
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

thanks for the link to the commercial, I didn't see it before. :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

I love the dads face when it gets to the DS and bite work.
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

CaroleBoaz wrote:At 30 inches and 130 pounds, it sure isn't show lines. Maximum breed standard is 24.4 inches. :dssmile: I like how they focus in on those eyes.
Can you tell the amount of pounds in 30 seconds? :twisted:
I am sure you are right though. It would not be show lines, since it is a nice attack, definately KNPV style and a show line would not do that. ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image