Dutch on toy packaging

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
goodomens
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Adventures galore!

Dutch on toy packaging

Post by goodomens »

I went on an adventure to petsmart last week, and decided to take a stroll through the toy section and see if there was anything interesting. I found several plastic squeaky toy beer bottles, which had my partner been with me I'm sure jetson would have become the proud new owner of a six pack of squeaky 'Dog Beer.' Also saw a treat ball (like those dispense-a-treat contraptions) with a giant picture of a DS! I looked on the back of the packaging and it had a little blurb about how the dog is used in detection work, educational demonstrations etc. Has anyone else seen this?
Jessica and jetson (and occasionally mike)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Dutch on toy packaging

Post by vneerland »

No, I had not. But I will saunter on over to the beer isle :lol: next time I am at PetsMart.
Thanks for the tip!
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Cool!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

vneerland wrote:No, I had not. But I will saunter on over to the beer isle :lol: next time I am at PetsMart.
Thanks for the tip!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
One stop shopping at PetsMart! Dog food AND Beer---who could want more?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Awesome!!!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

We MUST see a pic of that!!! Take your camera with you to the beer-ilse Juut!! :mrgreen:

Also...some idiot Dutch person has invented Doggie-beer... for real... but no alcohol in it...duh, then what's the point? :yernuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FLGAeoMZs8
wahinelf
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!

Post by wahinelf »

I ALMOST BOUGHT THAT TOY JUST TO HAVE THAT PICTURE! I saw it too, and didn't have my phone on me to snap a photo.

Ellie has too many treat holding toys or I would have gotten it. I'll try to get a shot of it too.
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
goodomens
Just Whelped

Post by goodomens »

I got a picture of it!!! However I have no clue how to transfer it. From my phone to here, as Flickr seems to hate me when I'm not using an actual computer :( so I shall have to wait for the weekend to share the majesty of the packaging.
goodomens
Just Whelped

Post by goodomens »

dutchpack by lunaroja_, on Flickr
:D
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

YEAH :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
wahinelf
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!

Post by wahinelf »

NICE!
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Awesome!!!!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Isis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Post by Isis »

Wow! I love it! I have never seen another Dutch Shepherd in person, other than my own...and I have seen them in Ray Allen catalogs and in one horror movie. I have seen them plenty on YouTube, of course, but it is very nice to see how photogenic they can be for marketing purposes!! Thank you for posting the picture!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

ow yeah! And a handsome one too! 8-)
kchristy
Training Dog

Post by kchristy »

I went to petco the other day and decided to look for this toy. I found it and noticed every size toy has a different dog with its name to the right of it. The ds is zyka, I looked on google and couldn't seem to find anything on this beautiful ds. I'm curious to find where it's from!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin