Second Spotting in Town...so exciting!

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
GunnersMom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah and my Dutch Shepherd is Gunner! She is just a little over 5 months old and loves to play with her cousin, Kilo, a GSD. She also loves to jog with me, go for hikes in the forest and play fetch with her trusty tennis ball. She is the best thing to come home to...plus my husband! Currently, we are going through training with her to understand as much as we can about her and the breed.

Second Spotting in Town...so exciting!

Post by GunnersMom »

I keep telling my husband that I swear I saw a DS walking on our Main Street in town about a month ago...well I saw it again today and I think I confirmed it is a DS! I was driving so I was trying my best to get a good look, all while not causing an accident. It's so funny how exciting it is when you see another one.

For fear of freaking out the owner, I decided not to yell out my car window at that moment...but if it really is a DS, I'm sure the owner would LOVE to have a crazy woman yelling out the car window asking about his pup.

On another note, Gunner was at the dog park the other day during training and she got spotted as a DS! No "what kind of mix is she?" question! HOORAY FOR GUNNER! :wtg:

We hope everyone has a great week!
Sarah & Gunner
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Second Spotting in Town...so exciting!

Post by vneerland »

I still just about faint if someone attaches the correct label. "Oh look, a DS" will stop me in my tracks. ;)
And sometimes, I just don't hear the "What kind of mix is that" question. :oops:

Take your camera (or phone) next time, and snap a shot of the strange brindle in town. :player:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

next time, just stop in the middle of the street, surely everyone will understand this, since you spotted a rare DS :whistle: We MUST have a pic!! 8-)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

I know, right. The only folks in my area who know what one is are some of the K9 officers. That happened last Saturday when I took one of the Dutch/GSD pups out to the dragon boat races on the river. Thousands of people walking by so great socializing. One guy pointed and smiled. I said, It is a Dutch Shepherd. And he knew because he was a k9 handler from another parish. I believe there are only two in my parish/county. I have 1 of them. ;) And I have the 4 DS/GSD pups, 3 of which will be leaving. The other DS locally is with our city police dept.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
GunnersMom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah and my Dutch Shepherd is Gunner! She is just a little over 5 months old and loves to play with her cousin, Kilo, a GSD. She also loves to jog with me, go for hikes in the forest and play fetch with her trusty tennis ball. She is the best thing to come home to...plus my husband! Currently, we are going through training with her to understand as much as we can about her and the breed.

Post by GunnersMom »

I will be taking Gunner on lots of walks through the Main St...maybe we will have an encounter and I will have my camera ready! Not only will she get to see/smell lots of new things but she may run into one of her own! What an exciting day for her!

She shows off a bit when someone recognizes her...what a diva!
Sarah & Gunner