Prehistoric Predators: Dire Wolf

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Prehistoric Predators: Dire Wolf

Post by alspyce »

An explanation of how different body types affect attack styles. I thought this was very interesting and shows some nice footage of the DS.
Gets to the body type attack styles at about 8.53---first spotting the DS at 9.36---and differences in style between the Mali vs DS around 10.32----and continued to about 13.25.
The entire thing is quite long, but I really enjoyed all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7hDJvk ... re=related
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
KellaA+dog6
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a married empty nester, who was lucky enough to stay home with kids, dogs, and cats when not traveling with husband.

Re: Prehistoric Predators: Dire Wolf

Post by KellaA+dog6 »

Did you notice they had the DS a 30 inches and 130 lbs ??? :eek: [img][/img]
Kella's Person Mara
KellaA+dog6
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a married empty nester, who was lucky enough to stay home with kids, dogs, and cats when not traveling with husband.

Post by KellaA+dog6 »

The height/weight was listed on the left at 9:57.
Kella's Person Mara
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

The dutch has all of the best traits !! :wtg: :wtg:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Post by Olie »

Dutchringgirl wrote:The dutch has all of the best traits !! :wtg: :wtg:
Yep! That was really fun to watch!

The whole documentary is pretty interesting, too!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

KellaA+dog6 wrote:Did you notice they had the DS a 30 inches and 130 lbs ??? :eek:
they mixed it up. The Bulldog has the DS height/weight.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

Post by ZodiacT »

I actually posted about that on this forum a while ago, but it was neat to see the clip again :)
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

ZodiacT wrote:I actually posted about that on this forum a while ago, but it was neat to see the clip again :)
I must have missed it before, or forgotten it (getting old age brain sometimes). :duh:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric