A few interesting Youtube videos.

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

A few interesting Youtube videos.

Post by Drizlaru »

One of Leo's cousins, Vitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLOx31BH ... ature=plcp

I always get a kick out of watching this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5KCbE2dcQ
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Re: A few interesting Youtube videos.

Post by alspyce »

Are these folks suppose to be professionals?

I've seen the second video before-----can't say I would risk my dogs safety in that way, for no good reason.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
coyotesfan97
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus

Post by coyotesfan97 »

I like how Vitor spits out the sleeve and goes for the agitator. :D
Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Post by Drizlaru »

alspyce wrote:Are these folks suppose to be professionals?

I've seen the second video before-----can't say I would risk my dogs safety in that way, for no good reason.
I would say no, but perhaps there are other circumstances at play there. We'll never know. (Could have been his first time with a sleeve on, who knows!)

With the second video, I guess it comes down to personal ethics. They see it as a risky sport where real injury could happen, but they do it anyway for the love of doing it. Kinda sounds like a few other sports doesn't it.
------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I didn't see how he wanted anything to do with the sleeve, he wanted to fight.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Yup, vitor likes the fight more as the sleeve, he's a psd now so i've heard.
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.

Post by alspyce »

Selena, I don't know what psd stands for???????? Personal Service Dog maybe????????
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
coyotesfan97
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus

Post by coyotesfan97 »

PSD=Police Service Dog.

Selena I wondered if he had gone that route. When I saw that video I thought PSD. Lotus has outed off the sleeve and stepped over it to try to get to the decoy. I love it! :twisted:
Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC
alspyce
Working Dog

Post by alspyce »

Old age Moment yesterday----or too many birthday :pint: -- I should have remembered that! :oops:
Chris Carlton/Lyric