A DS, at my clinic??!?!!

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

A DS, at my clinic??!?!!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I went into work on Thursday morning. Checked the schedule first, which is my normal routine. I saw we had a dental. The dogs breed was listed as Shepherd, Dutch. Owner, Les Flores.
Oh, ok.

WAIT. Les FLORES? Really?!!? Woah!!!!!!! Cool!

Made my day. Going to train with him next weekend when he's back from his seminar. He's going to bring Aaron, so I can meet him. :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile:

:D
Kelly
Koenig
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: A DS, at my clinic??!?!!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Nice !!!! have fun at the Clinic
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Am I behind on the facts again? :oops: I thought Aaron was Asheley's dog? Or did he go with the ex husband? :?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

vneerland wrote:Am I behind on the facts again? :oops: I thought Aaron was Asheley's dog? Or did he go with the ex husband? :?
I think he is still owned by Ash's ex, but she has breeding rights to him and Les handles him - as he always has.

I flew Aaron to MI to breed to Willow 5 years ago. He is SUCH a good dog. Works his butt off on the field and hangs with you in the house. My ideal Dutch! And what I hope to duplicate in future breedings.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Yup, Les just handles him. :)
Kelly
Koenig
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

Aaron is Force's sire :)
You'll love him !!!!

Hope you will take photos and share your training fun with us.
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
turnnburn52984
Training Dog

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I know Jenny. :)

I'll take as many pics as I can, though I'm not sure I can convince Richard he needs to come to SchH 2 weekends in a row to take pictures... lol. (but trust me, I'll try!)

Ya know, you could always take a drive, and join us... Les said a few weeks ago there were like 6 brindles at the club! GASP! :D
:D
Kelly
Koenig
asheleylane
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Asheley Winters, have had Dutch Shepherds for 12+ years!

Post by asheleylane »

Yes, the Pacific NW sure is a hotspot for brindles!!!
And Christie is correct - Aaron is Byron's (my ex) and really always has been owned by him since 8 weeks old. Les sometimes trains and handles him for competitions. And I manage breeding, both approval/screening females, contracts, etc. - since I have the frozen semen here at my work in the first place, and we routinely do all sorts of reproduction work it makes sense. Yes I am a pimp LOL.
turnnburn52984
Training Dog

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I get to meet him this weekend Asheley- I'm SO excited! :D
Kelly
Koenig