Criminal Minds

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Criminal Minds

Post by Raven »

An episode where "three dogs" with a "reputation" in a town led the FBI team to check out the property. Only caught a flash of the scene as I was walking through the living room--and it looked like the "three dogs" were kept in a dark basement, but they struck me as DS. Anyone know the episode?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Criminal Minds

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I love CM !. Havent seen it yet, ill make sure I check out the dogs
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

yup, spotting had been made on the Dutch board about a year or so ago! This episode has ceaser Milan in it too, right? And the develish mali was the crook :dssmile:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

raven - was it a re-run? I DVR them and I cant think of which one that could be. i just watched the new one and no doggies. I was watching something else tonight - Cant remember but it had a black GSD, not a dutchie :dsangry:
ImageImage
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Raven, who is Sharon (I believe?) would you mind adding your name to your signature, please?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Will do on the adding my name--now the jig's up. (I just prefer not to use my name on-line.)

Anyway, yes...it's a re-run. The unsub is a young man whose father was (more than likely) a schizophrenic who used his religious beliefs to keep his son on the straight and narrow (amounting to abuse/torture). Didn't see the entire episode, but I think that the son assumed his father's persona. Now that I think of it, the dogs were in a dark barn, not basement, and came flying from all corners when the team entered.

A friend of mine recently mentioned that Dutch's were profiled on another program. I'll have to ask for the details.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Raven wrote: A friend of mine recently mentioned that Dutch's were profiled on another program. I'll have to ask for the details.
National Geographic did an episode comparing bite compression using various breeds, including Dutch. It was very sensationalized though. The Dutch that they used is owned by OJ Knighten and they misrepresented his size...etc. Plus he's a KNPV dog and they were comparing him also with a malinois....which is probably heavily represented in his lineage. So although it was cool to watch, I don't think it was quite scientific.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Not the National Geo clip...yeah, that's ages old. Now it's going to bother me so tonight I'll call the person who told me. (HA! Her memory is about as good as mine these days. Watch...she'll tell me it was Mr. Roger's Neighborhood or something.)

Thor says 'hello' to his Aunt Christie!
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

It might be the episido that Eric posted a week or so agon in hollander spotting?
Never did see the NatGeo thing. Yet. Hope to catch it, but I would indeed assume that a good study uses more than one specimen, not to mention the fact that there is KNPV and FCI and that entire can of worms. :mrgreen:

Thank you for being a sport Raven/Sharon (want us to make it Shaven or Rharon? ) :wink:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I think i know the episode, i remember a GS though, Ill have to see. I know there was an NCIS episode with a DS and Malinois, it was great, they chased MgGee onto a car top
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Okay, talked to the person who saw DSs on some other show. Actually, there were two different shows.

Animal Planet was one: a one-hour episode of DSs at work (K9); also showed them being trained as pups.

Another show was on one of the Discovery channels: One cop already had a DS partner; another cop was introduced to their new partner (three years old). Apparently, the second cop had trouble getting his new partner to accept who was top dog.

I don't know...she says she knows the difference between a Dutch and a chihuahua. :eek:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Raven wrote:Will do on the adding my name--now the jig's up. (I just prefer not to use my name on-line.)

Anyway, yes...it's a re-run. The unsub is a young man whose father was (more than likely) a schizophrenic who used his religious beliefs to keep his son on the straight and narrow (amounting to abuse/torture). Didn't see the entire episode, but I think that the son assumed his father's persona. Now that I think of it, the dogs were in a dark barn, not basement, and came flying from all corners when the team entered.

A friend of mine recently mentioned that Dutch's were profiled on another program. I'll have to ask for the details.
Being a CM junkie, I know every episode :yernuts: , and didn't know which one you meant until you gave this description.

I've always thought those dogs were dobies, tho. Now I'll have to watch this episode again (it's a two parter :lol: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Leih, what is the name of the episode?
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Leih, what is the name of the episode?
I have no freaking idea :lol: . I am terrible with remembering names of anything. But, if I read the description of the episode, I know which one it is (tho it always cracks me up...."The team tacks a serial killer who..." Really? :lol: :lol: ).

It's like the Law and Order shows (which I also love...see a theme here?) We had a Special Victim's Unit rerun on pause the other nite, and I told my spousal unit to go ahead and watch it, rather than wait for me to take care of all my bedtime rituals...he said, "you're worth pausing it!", to which I replied, "come on...someone get's raped, they chase the person, they find the person, done! It's not like I can't follow the story..."

But with Criminal Intent and Criminal Minds, I've seen every single episode, most of them several times, but I couldn't tell you one single episode name. Not one! :eek:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Can't find any of the Discovery or Animal Planet clips on-line that I mentioned. I guess my friend might have been the only person on the planet to see them? Aaaah. She does have quite the imagination. :lol:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I remember now the show I was thinking it was........ Underdog LOL, I just rememberd a basement and dogs, the kids have been watching it all week.

Ive seen all of CM, NCIS, CSI and i too cant remember any of the names of the episodes.
ImageImage
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Post by artistiklove »

I just joined the forum, so please bear with me! :oops: :oops: The episode was called revelations, and the dogs are dutchies. I remember getting all excited because it's so rare to see them.
Becky

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

thanks Becky, ill have to look that one up!
ImageImage
JoanKB
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm an owner of 3 rescue dogs. Sasha-Mostly DS (?) Fizban a black GSD with silver bleed through and a spitzy type mix. I live for my critters....oh, and I have 3 cats too.

Post by JoanKB »

Dutchringgirl wrote:I think i know the episode, i remember a GS though, Ill have to see. I know there was an NCIS episode with a DS and Malinois, it was great, they chased MgGee onto a car top
YES!! LOL! I loved that ep!! Hahahaha
Joan
Mom to
Kitchi...Spitz mix
Sasha....DS Mix
Fizban...Black ish GSD
AND 3 rescue kitties