Dutch Shepherds in the News (February 2019)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (February 2019)

Post by centrop67 »

Story Link
SEATTLE, WA - There was a time when a dog like Max, a brindle Dutch shepherd with perfect pointy ears, would've made marijuana users paranoid. But Max wasn't at the Seattle CannaCon this week to sniff out marijuana, he was there to show growers how to protect it.

"This is immediate recognition," Wade Morrell said gesturing to Max. He means that any prowler looking to break into a marijuana grow would see Max and immediately recognize they shouldn't.
:lol: Max, a brindle Dutch shepherd with perfect pointy ears - from the Department of Redundancy Department :lol:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (February 2019)

Post by centrop67 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Polk deputy forced to shoot, kill police dog after bite Story Link
www.fox13news.com wrote:Recon, a 4½-year-old Dutch Shepherd, was one of four dogs donated to the sheriff's office back in 2015 by the charity 'K9s For Cops.'
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Meet the BPD's newest canine officer, Pepper Story Link
www.brownsvilleherald.com wrote:While Pepper, a Dutch Shepherd, may be young and just starting out her career, she is in good hands with Rora, a 17-year veteran of the police department who has spent the last seven years working with police canines
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Animal Tales: Dogs on the defense Story Link
www.sunjournal.com wrote:The 2-year-old Dutch shepherd (Echo) has been in this situation before. He knows what he is about to be allowed — encouraged — to do.

So when owner Rozalynn Parkhurst orders,”Get him,” Echo leaps forward to grab the padded arm of one of the instructors, growling and biting.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Troup County Sheriff’s Office K-9 passes away after battle with illness Story Link
www.wtvm.com wrote:“We are certainly grateful for the over 18 years of service Biko (A Dutch Shepherd) gave to the Troup County Sheriff’s Office assisting in the fight against illegal drugs and the recovery of lost and missing persons,” said Troup County Sheriff James Woodruff, “he will be missed by all.”
:DSangel:
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Walton County Sheriff's Office K9 Team Brings Home Accolades Story Link
/www.wtvy.com wrote:Deputy Steven Tector and K9 Drago earned their USPCA Certification for Patrol Dog 1 and earned national points. Drago is a six-year-old Dutch Shepherd and has been with WCSO for three years. Deputy Tector has been with the agency for 11 years and has been a K9 handler for three years.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

RIP K-9 Blitz Story Link
www.theoaklandpress.com wrote:He (k-9 Blitz) sniffed out illegal drugs, chased down fleeing criminals and — what may be considered the highlight of his career — located an Alzheimer’s patient who had been missing for several hours. For that, he received a lifesaving citation from Sheriff Mike Bouchard.

On Feb. 19, the 9-year-old Dutch Shepherd died, about eight months after being retired due to illness.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Colorado Parks and Wildlife turns to dogs to assist in law enforcement, wildlife management
www.summitdaily.com wrote:The pilot program began in late 2015 with one dog, a Dutch shepherd named Sci, working with district wildlife manager Philip Gurule near Colorado Springs.
Michael