Wes Craven "The Breed"

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Wes Craven "The Breed"

Post by Schlussdibusti »

I "suffered" through the movie "The Breed" only because of the cool doggie scenes with DS, Mals and GSD. Otherwise the movie is awful. :nay: The "special feature" section on the DVD was very interesting because it showed the dog trainers and how they filmed some of the scenes. I found the website of the head trainer. It has almost all dog scenes of "The Breed" under the section "Dogs", starting around 11:40. :wtg:
Here is the link: http://www.gentlejungle.com/videos.html
Enjoy! :mrgreen:

P.S.: My favorite scene is when the 2 Malis waiting on the wing of the air plane and jump in the water chasing after the guy. :dshead:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

Re: Wes Craven "The Breed"

Post by ZodiacT »

I saw that this movie was on tv tonight and remembered seeing this post so we went ahead and watched it. The movie was definitely nothing special but it was worth sitting through to see the Dutchies and Malis! I loved the part with the plane too, we laughed :lol: I feel that if they were more realistic with the film those humans would have been dead much sooner, all those parts where the humans outrun the dogs are just silly.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Schlussdibusti wrote: P.S.: My favorite scene is when the 2 Malis waiting on the wing of the air plane and jump in the water chasing after the guy. :dshead:
That was a very cool scene, Sadie could never get a part like that, she would jump in and sink,
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

They have amazing horses too, I loved all the horses from Lord of the Rings, specially Shadowfax.
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Isis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Post by Isis »

I own the movie and though I think it is ridiculous, I do love seeing the dogs!!!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i saw THE BREED some years ago and i felt so happy to see my fave dogs in it. the two females malinois who work together in some scenes are great! I laugh so much when i saw the white german shepherd (swiss white shepherd) all covered by blood... here no one of those dogs work.. :) but it's very spectacular to see...
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
dutchk9
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: i am male from ontario canada.my dog is female duch shepherd, short coat.
we train in working service, as a hobby.
it keeps us both fit.
i got my dog when she was 8 weeks old.
her training is ongoing.

Post by dutchk9 »

did like the movie, but only got it because of the dutch dog.