Van Leeuwen's Bor x Van Leeuwen's Hedwig Litter

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Van Leeuwen's Bor x Van Leeuwen's Hedwig Litter

Post by MeganBays »

Puppies were born on 1/14/12 -- 4 males, 3 females -- some puppies still available

Kole Mountain Kennels has bred Van Leeuwen's Hedwig to Van Leeuwen's Bor. It is another breeding on the van Leeuwen lines, and the first time that this comboniation will be done. Hedwig is the mother of our "A" Litter and a Wibo van Leeuwen and Anne van Leeuwen daughter. Her first litter is doing very well with multiple dogs working as police canines, and we are excited to see the results of this next litter. She is a large female weighing around 70lbs with very good nerves and drives for the work and no handler aggression.

Bor is a son of Wibo van Leeuwen and grandson of Tommy Luijken. Bor is a substantial sized male weighing around 90lbs with a thick powerful build. He has large bone, a massive head, and rich, deep pigment. He is a serious and civil dog that is not easy to handle, and requires an experienced handler. He forms a very strong bond with his handler, and does not have any handler aggression. He has exceptional drives in all areas of the work.

For more information about either Hedwig or Bor you can visit our website or contact us.Y ou can see more pictures and videos of both Bor, Hedwig, and Hedwig's first litter in our photo and video galleries on our website.

Puppies were born on Jan. 14, 2012; there are 4 males, 3 females. We are still taking deposits.

"B" Litter PedigreeThis is a link to the mating check and will show the puppie's linebreeding percentages and bloodline. This breeding is strongly linebred on KNPV legends and has dogs such as Wibo (van Leeuwen), Tommy (Luijken), Mido (Verbeek), Aron (Mokkink), and Rocky (van Leeuwen) to name a few in the bloodline.

We are very excited about this combination and are expecting big things! Puppies will be suitable for law enforcement, search and rescue, as well as sport work. Puppies should be brindle and black in color with high prey and hunt drives. We expect puppies from this comboination to have natural full, pushing grips with the potential to develop into serious dogs. They should develop into athletic that are medium to large sized dogs and have sound nerves.

Both the mother and father have their hip, elbow, and back x rays that were taken in Holland. Digital copies are available to be viewed.

Puppies will only be sold to working homes.

Contact Megan Bays for more information:
meganbays@rocketmail.com
(304)767-8311
http://www.kolemountainkennels.com

Bor by MeganBays, on Flickr

Bor by MeganBays, on Flickr

150 by MeganBays, on Flickr
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Van Leeuwen's Bor x Van Leeuwen's Hedwig Litter

Post by Schlussdibusti »

wow :wtg:
certainly nothing forthe weak of heart :mrgreen: :whistle:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thats a big boy!!! Beautiful
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

those are some serious beautiful looking dogs.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Post by MeganBays »

Thanks everyone; I'm partial but I think they are pretty nice too :D

Megan Bays
www.kolemountainkennels.com
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Pictures! Time for puppy pictures!!! :ds:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Thank goodness pups to working homes only. Whew!! (for me anyway). Leeuwen lines are serious working dogs not suitable for typical pet homes. My next DS will not be KNPV lines as I have now. No offense to anyone here with that preference; I'm just getting too old for difficult dogs.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

GSDNanny wrote:No offense to anyone here with that preference; I'm just getting too old for difficult dogs.
I'm with you there!
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Ditto!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

This is a working bred litter intended for police and sport work ;) .

We are supposed to have good weather tomorrow (been plauged by rain lately) and I'm hoping to get some new pics of them.

Here's a video of puppy cuteness at 8 days old:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwiFOaB ... ature=plcp

Megan Bays
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

serious puppy cuteness!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Post by Choochi »

GSDNanny wrote:Thank goodness pups to working homes only. Whew!! (for me anyway). Leeuwen lines are serious working dogs not suitable for typical pet homes. My next DS will not be KNPV lines as I have now. No offense to anyone here with that preference; I'm just getting too old for difficult dogs.
No offence ever taken over good advice. I love my two little devils but they would be a disaster in a home with not enough experience.

Can't wait to see these guys grow up! I love Bore's build.
Choochi
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

love the video!!! Such cute noises!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

He is one breath-taking dog. Incredible.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

congrats on the nice litter! Enjoy the cuteness, while it lasts...soon you'll be full of bitemarks and bruises :lol: :lol:
Are there any brindled pups in the litter, or are they all black?
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

Marjolein wrote:congrats on the nice litter! Enjoy the cuteness, while it lasts...soon you'll be full of bitemarks and bruises :lol: :lol:
There are actually more brindle than black, I'd say only one or two will end up solid black. The brindle is still just really hard to see, and doesn't stand out much for the first couple weeks.

Sigh.. I know all too well that the cuteness never lasts long enough.. :twisted:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

MeganBays wrote:
Marjolein wrote:congrats on the nice litter! Enjoy the cuteness, while it lasts...soon you'll be full of bitemarks and bruises :lol: :lol:
There are actually more brindle than black, I'd say only one or two will end up solid black. The brindle is still just really hard to see, and doesn't stand out much for the first couple weeks.

Sigh.. I know all too well that the cuteness never lasts long enough.. :twisted:
haha, it still is fun, no pain no gain :D
looking forward to seeing pics when thay are a bit bigger 8-)
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

I have new pics that I took today, in the process of uploading them now! :) I'll try to get a few posted on here later this evening.

Megan Bays