Northwoods K9 / ThunderHawk Canine

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Northwoods K9 / ThunderHawk Canine

Post by Christie M »

ThunderHawk Canine and Northwoods K9 are pleased to announce the confirmation of 2 great Dutch Shepherd breedings. Both breedings have been confirmed via ultrasound and deposits are now being accepted. All pups will be UKC registered. Purchase price is $1200, with deposit being $200. If you are interested in additional information about either of these litters or the purchase process, please email Christie@ThunderHawkCanine.com.

Tommy Haus Berry D, IPO1 x Vrijheid’s Guitan (AKA “Ziva”)
Due first week of October

Tommy (UK P694-856) is currently competing in IPO, having achieved his IPO1 as of now and looking forward to the completion of his 2 and 3 very shortly. He is a strong dog with a long launch and deep grip. His pedigree boasts Tommy Luijken and Nicky Verlee. Hips are OFA certified with digital copy on file for review by potential purchasers.

Ziva (UKC P646-111) is a large, masculine looking female with an extremely confident personality. She started her training career later in life, but we look forward to competing with her next season in IPO and PSA. She also has a deep, pushing grip and long launch. She is extremely athletic with awesome hunt and retrieve drive. Ziva’s PennHIP scores are 0.35/0.31, placing her in the top 30% of the breed.

Northwoods First in Line (AKA “Atlas”) x ThunderHawk’s Siege Ballista (AKA Balis)
Due mid-October

Atlas (UKC P425-004) is a large Dutch Shepherd with incredible work ethic. Out of Northwoods K9’s first litter, he was the USPCA (United States Police Canine Association) Region 16 Top Apprehension Dog for 2 consecutive years and placed in the top 3 PD1 dogs for 3 consecutive years. He is extremely stable even in drive, but has the launch and desire to blast through any distraction. Atlas is OFA Good.

Balis (UKC P714-214) is a petite Dutch Shepherd with drive and versatility. She achieved her Herding Instinct Certification at 10 months of age, excels at bitework and loves agility, flyball or anything else that you throw at her. She has very high pack drive, with huge affection and biddability for her family, but is indifferent to other people and animals. Balis has a PennHIP score of 0.30/0.25, putting her in the top 10% of the breed.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: Northwoods K9 / ThunderHawk Canine

Post by felixone123 »

wow!! Congrats Christie!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

It's getting countdown to PUPS! Oh yeh! Photos, photos please ma'am. Just wish we could get some of that puppy breath smell too! Best of luck.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

would love to see some before pics of the lady before she delivers - just sayin.....
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Christie M »

felixone123 wrote:would love to see some before pics of the lady before she delivers - just sayin.....
LOL. Do you want fat Ziva? Or gorgeous Ziva?

Puppy Count X-ray showed 10 pups yesterday. Asheley is conveinced there is 12 - based on her "breeder's intuition" :D Whelping collars will be here tomorrow and she could start having them as early as Sunday. CAN'T WAIT. So excited for both of these litters! Can't wait until they are old enough to play with!
Christie Meyer

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
felixone123
Working Dog

Post by felixone123 »

Christie M wrote:
felixone123 wrote:would love to see some before pics of the lady before she delivers - just sayin.....
LOL. Do you want fat Ziva? Or gorgeous Ziva?

Puppy Count X-ray showed 10 pups yesterday. Asheley is conveinced there is 12 - based on her "breeder's intuition" :D Whelping collars will be here tomorrow and she could start having them as early as Sunday. CAN'T WAIT. So excited for both of these litters! Can't wait until they are old enough to play with!
Ziva is gorgeous either way but, and don't let her hear you say the "fat" word. :lol: A girl is extra sensitive when she's pregnant.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a whelping collar?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

@ Barbara, the collars identify the pups.

@ Christie-----so, you're going to torture us with puppy pix??? :lol: How are we to resist the little buggers?
Hope the whelping is easy and uneventful. You must be on pins and needles at this point, and watching every move your bitch is making. Here's to ya! :pint:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Christie M »

OK. I love sharing pictures of my kids.....so you are in for it.

First there is Tommy and Ziva. Both are stunning, as I am sure you would agree.

Tommy (not owned by me - just bred to because he is awesome):
2t.JPG
2t.JPG (36.35 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Ziva:
2z.jpg
2z.jpg (315.91 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
1z.JPG
1z.JPG (40.21 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
There there are the love birds, Atlas and Balis.
Madly in love
2a.JPG
2a.JPG (25.73 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
3a.JPG
3a.JPG (27.6 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Atlas (very board with the photo shoot)
1a.JPG
1a.JPG (25.86 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Balis - doing some work
2b.JPG
2b.JPG (37.05 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
4b.jpg
4b.jpg (94.99 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
1b.JPG
1b.JPG (24.41 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Lastly - lupine is marketing these "whelping collars." I know they are frivolous, but I LOVE them and have always loved Lupine products. The are guaranteed even if your dog chews them, and the whelping collars have a safety buckle on them that will break away before letting the pup get hung up. SO FREAKING CUTE.
collars.jpg
collars.jpg (27.47 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
And cutest of all is that Ziva whelped a little early and had her pups last night. My stellar girl had 10 puppies in less than 2 hours - with no outside intervention. She had about 1 pup per 10 minutes and then let me get some Zs. I have never known a girl to go so quick. And she is being such a great mom!! Here are tonight's brief pics after weighing and cleaning the whelping box.
24hrs tupperware.jpg
24hrs tupperware.jpg (17.92 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
24hrs.jpg
24hrs.jpg (16.82 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Christie Meyer

alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Congrats!!! They are soo beautiful in those classy new collars!
What a fast whelping! My girls use to keep me up all night long--with them sleeping between pups, and me too excited to close my eyes. Looks like a healthy bunch.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Congratulations!

Awww, a bundle of cuteness with stylish collars too. Who can resist that?! :love:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awww! Congrats on the new pups and glad to hear everything went so smoothly!

Can't wait to see more!
Sue (and Sugar)

felixone123
Working Dog

Post by felixone123 »

Really beautiful pics of all dogs!! Those puppies are to die for. Do I see a blue one in the mix?

Congrats to Ziva, you and Tommy!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Christie M »

Thanks for all of the well wishes!! Everyone is still doing great! Ziva is being an awesome mom! Love this girl! For anyone who cares (and please know that I will not be insulted if anyone really isn't interested) I have taken Asheley's lead and started a facebook group so that I don't have to post pictures and updates in 20 different locations. It is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/173338319469945/.
felixone123 wrote:Do I see a blue one in the mix?
I don't think she's blue. Unless her mottledness structures itself into stripes, she will be fawn. I knew Tommy was a fawn carrier and should have tested Ziva but didn't really think of it. It won't matter though. We will keep her, raise her, and when she is charging through an alley to bite someone they probably won't care what color she is :D
Christie Meyer

Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Christie M wrote:and when she is charging through an alley to bite someone they probably won't care what color she is :D
That 's the spirit! :wtg: :mrgreen:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

awww how cute! :love:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Love the lovebirds!

Congrats on a healthy litter and all are doing well!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...