Athos and Ripp litter, Toronto

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Athos and Ripp litter, Toronto

Post by Choochi »

Ripp van Fenrir (daughter of Carlos Vos, grand daughter of Tommy Luijken) has been bred to Athos van Strikeforce (grandson of Wibo van Leeuwen and Rudie Pegge). Both parents are in perfect health and have had their hips X-Rayed which look good (OFA hips and elbows pending) and their eyes certified (CERF).

We had 9 puppies born last weekend, 3 boys and 6 girls, all puppies and mom are doing well. It looks like we have a combination of brindle and non brindle (light to dark brown at this point) pups, thank you Atti! The puppies will be ready to go to their new homes at the end of January. Puppies will be whelped and raised in a home environment and will experience a vast array of social and environmental exposures. Pups will have been started with various foundation training, will be vetted with appropriate deworming and puppy shots, and will be microchipped prior to being shipped to their new homes. Puppies will be weaned naturally on to a raw food diet. At this point one male and two females are spoken for.

The following will be the puppies’ pedigree: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/breedin ... er=1189958

For those who feel that a working Dutch Shepherd listing isn’t complete without some extreme unsubstantiated claims about the abilities of the yet unborn and untested puppies, I expect these puppies to have EXTREMELY sharp puppy teeth! I do expect this combination to produce smaller to medium sized high drive dogs which will be very suitable for sport homes or as active companions for homes with previous dog experience. Both parents while very high drive during training live as house dogs and settle very well when expected to.

Puppies will be $1200 which includes a $200 deposit. For every puppy sold we will donate $200 to the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue, an amazing organization who’s members rehabilitate and re-home dogs of our beloved breed who end up in shelters or on death row as a by product of unscrupulous breeders and irresponsible owners.

Puppies are located in Toronto, ON.

For more information please visit: http://www.VanWijnTuin.com

Choochi
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Athos and Ripp litter, Toronto

Post by leih merigian »

Choochi wrote:For those who feel that a working Dutch Shepherd listing isn’t complete without some extreme unsubstantiated claims about the abilities of the yet unborn and untested puppies, I expect these puppies to have EXTREMELY sharp puppy teeth!
:lmao:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Congrats on the litter!
Sue (and Sugar)

Choochi
Training Dog

Post by Choochi »

Sugars Mom wrote:Congrats on the litter!
Choochi
Choochi
Training Dog

Post by Choochi »

I'm fascinated to no end by this type of stuff so as much as the time permits I am trying to keep a detailed blog of the puppies' progress as they grow and develop, how they go from little squeeky blobs to social and interactive little creatures.

I finally got a chance this weekend to catch up and go through the edits on some of the posts I've had waiting as rough drafts. I still have a bunch of vids that I don't think I will get the chance to properly edit for a while but I hope to get those up too eventually.

The puppy blog is running on the main page of the website I created for them at: http://www.vanwijntuin.com
I'm also throwing little brief updates that don't warrant a full post on Twitter.

They're lots of work already and they've just barely started to move around but I absolutely adore every one of them!

Green Girl aka The Green Giant although The Hulk would be far more appropriate come to think of it
Choochi
DakotaDutch
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New to the Dutch, had a GSD for 11 Years. Anybody close to Mandan ND Don't be shy !!

Post by DakotaDutch »

Awesome webpage !

We are so Impressed with our 6 month male pup I'm thinking we might need to find him a girlfriend. It is too soon for that I think but your set up and pups is top notch.

Thanks for sharing
Norm and Amy Dahl
Kylan and Morgan ~ two legged kids
RIP ~ Riddick
New Lady is, Charlie.
HARNW76
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 55 year old CNC programmer living in the USA. I've owned 4 GSD, but I'm considering a Dutch Shephard for my next. I'm looking to gain as much information about the breed as I can before making my decision.

Post by HARNW76 »

Choochi,
I hadn't realized that you were a breeder.
Are there any import issues when selling to clients in the U.S.?
Also, I found your observations of your puppies to be very insightful.
Along with your interest in placing your puppies in the right home
show's that your concern for the breed is more then $$$ deep.
A dog breeder with integrity. Who would have thought? What an encouragement
it has been to see you and other breeders on this forum who's love for the breed is
so much more then their love of money. It will breeders like you that will keep this
breed from going the way of my beloved GSD.
Congratulations on the new litter. They're in very good hands.
Thanks,
Harold Eaker
Outside St.Louis, Mo. USA
CAHerder
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a few acres in CA where I can have the space to rescue dogs, let my 7 year old Cattle Dog run and chase our two sheep and two goats (calmly!) I'm looking into getting a Dutch Shepherd.

Post by CAHerder »

I love the detail of the puppy blog - great to read about all their personalities developing!
Heather

Redwoods of CA
with a "too sweet for her own good" Cattle Dog, named Surly
and a potential DS soon!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I see it in the pic but wow. When do you get one of these dogs to slow down long enough to nurse?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers