fundraiser "rescue" signs

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
katm4110
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: about to adopt first dog.... 3 year old Dutch Shepherd from a rescue.... looking for tips!

fundraiser "rescue" signs

Post by katm4110 »

It's been a while since I've posted. I started a small business making signs and have been beyond busy between that, my 5 kids, and my sweet Stella. Any way I am doing a fundraiser for the Furry Friends Humane Society. You make a $25 donation via their paypal link on this page

http://www.ourfurryfriends.petfinder.com/

then message me on my business Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/rubyleeshomede ... n=timeline

and let me know your shipping address and which sign you would like and I ship it for free! I've talked a lot about my rescued Dutch Shepherd dog, Stella here... and you all were so helpful.... please feel free to share my link to the fundraiser on your FB or anywhere.... this is a great group.... Stella came really close to being put down but they saved her and got her to a local rescue where we adopted her.... we are actually adopting our 2nd Dutchie very soon (waiting on transport via Pilots N Paws) so excited! anyway I'll post a pic of the signs here! (I hope this is the right place to post this?)
Attachments
stells.jpg
stells.jpg (74.97 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
Laura, stay at home mom to 5 human babies, and two rescue dogs Stella (DS) and Nico (brindled hound mix?)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: fundraiser "rescue" signs

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome back! It looks like Stella is trying to be quite the sales(wo)man. Those signs are super cute.

Congrats on getting your second DS. I'm glad you were able to find a good trainer and get Stella to a point that you want 2x the challenge. That means 2x the wine too. :pint:

We're waiting on our 2nd rescue Dutch as well. I'm picking her up in 2 days! Her name just so happens to be Stella. I'm changing it to Elli though. We already have 2 Odin's on the board, we don't need 2 Stellas hahaha.

Where is your new dog coming from? Is it a NADSR dog?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
katm4110
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: about to adopt first dog.... 3 year old Dutch Shepherd from a rescue.... looking for tips!

Post by katm4110 »

Oh wow, congrats!!!! No he is coming from a shepherd rescue in Florida. His name is Lupe but his foster mom has been calling him Nico so I think we'll stick with that!

Stella has made an amazing transformation.... we ended up not doing bite work it just made her too anxious... but her obedience has come so far. I can make her stop, go, bark, etc.... with a simple command.... and she finally does her aggressive alert lol! I don't know if you have Instagram but if you do flow me lauralyons4110 I post lots of pics of her there!

I can't wait to see your new baby! We've been preparing for months to get another rescue... Stella is finally there with her dog "aggression" that was really just anxiety and her being barky
Laura, stay at home mom to 5 human babies, and two rescue dogs Stella (DS) and Nico (brindled hound mix?)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Odin still hasn't mastered the bark on command. He's just not a barker. I did finally get him to learn to growl when he doesn't like strangers. That was the one thing that really concerned me with him when we first got him, the growl had been punished out of him and I had to bring it back out. He's 72lbs now, so strangers are just jumping out of the way when they see him and I haven't found the need or time to train something more serious like a bark and hold. I haven't had the time for much with buying a house and trying to build a training facility.

We've been thinking about getting a second dog for a while, but I had to move into my parents' house temporarily and Odin had some hurdles to get over as they have 4 dogs. He lived with 3 malinois in his foster home, but wasn't handling a less serious breed well especially a group of 4 of them that have been in their own little worlds for 5 years. He now runs around and plays with their dogs and we figured this was a good time to get the female. We're going a foster to adopt with her and Odin gets the final decision. She's already trained in French Ring, so if I do bitesports, she'll be the dog. Odin's been doing some foundation work, but his hips don't seem to loving the wear and tear.

I will definitely post tons of pics of her and them together. You've convinced me to get an instagram account. I'll try to load it on my phone tonight and add you. I can't wait to see more Stella pictures and Stella and Nico pictures.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

The bark on command actually came one day when she was barking at the pizza guy... I said "watch em" while giving her treats.... that's all it took she will now bark any time I saw watch em.... I have a video of it on instagram I'll see if I can share it

http://instagram.com/p/bteMwCCpfo/

and this is her "talking" to me about how traumatic it was for her to get her nails trimmed.... the vet techs have to come out to the car to do it because she is such a spaz but even then she's still not a fan and i'm still not comfortable doing it myself

http://instagram.com/p/br1VoSCpYi/

Same thing with Nico as with your new pup.... if Stella can't share space we will have to place him (which won't be hard) he's not drivey at all and I'm pretty sure he's a mix both ears flop... but he does have the black mask and shepherd coat and tail so who knows

https://www.facebook.com/lauralyons4110 ... 329&type=3

add me on facebook if you'd like... I post about as much about Stella as I do the kids! a year ago I "wasn't a dog person" and now I'm wishing I didn't live in the city so I could rescue even more :DSlove:
katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

here are two pics of Nico that I have.... I thought maybe a hound mix? he's only 50lbs.... foster mom had knew nothing about dutch shepherds but said he has a shepherd personality but is very sweet, submissive and cuddly she said he's a total marshmallow dog.... I asked if he reminded her at all of a malinois because she's had them in foster before and she said and I quote "oh hell no" he's not drivey in the least bit but does love to play ball and is a good running partner.... we needed a not so pushy dog with Stella so I think he'll be just perfect! Also while Stella is great with my kids she's started to really focus on me as far as commands go and now that she has done her obedience training she sits or lays at my feet just watching me... she is VERY protective of the kids but much less interactive with them so I think little Nico will be perfect for them!
Attachments
nico2.jpg
nico2.jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
nico1.jpg
nico1.jpg (76.27 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

katm4110 wrote:The bark on command actually came one day when she was barking at the pizza guy... I said "watch em" while giving her treats.... that's all it took
I am so going to try this with Tyson!!!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Congrats on the sign biz and second dog!

After getting a second dog recently, I can tell you, the pup learns everything from Sugar. The good and the bad lol. Good thing Sugar is so well behaved and so is he...its just that I don't need 2 watch dogs barking at the same time!
Sue (and Sugar)

katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

Oh wow I've missed so much! What kind of dog, Sue?!?!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Prancer is a Whippet mix : )
Sue (and Sugar)

katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

Awe hello Prancer!!!! What is sugar mixed with? She had floppy ears kind of like Nico's! Is she tolerating her new sibling?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Sugar came from a real mixed litter, and her mom looked like a labradoodle believe it or not, lol.

She is doing very well with Prancer. I know I posted this elsewhere, but its cute...

The hardest part of 2 dogs is finding the time to work with them separately. You can't call one without the other following. Neither wants to miss out on anything!
Sue (and Sugar)

katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

So sweet!!!!! Crazy lol I was looking at her trying to figure out what the heck she had in her other than shepherd..... Nico's sister has the pointy ears and looks just like Stella so who knows.... I don't think I could handle a full blooded DS.... Stella was a lot of work but well worth it.... We may be heading to Nashville Sunday to pick him up.... the pilot said so far the weather looks okay to fly!

Yeah I'm guessing we'll have some challenges.... I've worked so hard with Stella it's taken 10 months of all sorts of training to get her to where she is now.... I'm hoping Nico will follow what she does.... and I'm also hoping she won't eat him :D
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Its funny...3 of the pups looked like the mom and the rest were diff. The black and white one is one of Sugar's sisters. Its funny, 'cause they have the same face. Sugar was the only brindle.

I know you will do great with Nico.
Sue (and Sugar)

katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

Can't dogs have two different "baby daddies" in the same littler.... not try to talk smack about sugar's mom but....
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Oh ya, her mom was def a floozy!! lol Looking at the pups I'd say at least 3!!
Sue (and Sugar)

katm4110
Green Dog

Post by katm4110 »

poor sugar! Hopefully you never have to tell her she's adopted!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

lol!!
Sue (and Sugar)