RIP Arca

In remembrance of our lost friends
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

RIP Arca

Post by Christie M »

Asheley lost a beloved member of her family today and I want her to know that we are thinking of her and loving her right now. Arca was an awesome PH1 bitch that Ash imported. I was in love at first sight because she was a half sister to Willow. However she turned out to be so much more than just some titled breeding female. She was great with everyone, solid and consistent in work, an amazing companion and running partner to Ash, and just an all around great dog. Ash wasn't sure what to expect out of this girl when she came into her home. She was amazingly surprised to have her walk in, and fit right in as if she was always a part of this family. We all have an idea of what a KNPV dog's life may be like before being imported....and none of it is cushy. But she gratefully settled into the good life and was so very fortunate to have Asheley in her retirement.

She was too young to be lost. I know that Asheley is hurting tremendously. Ash - I love you to pieces and I am so very sorry for your pain. After talking to you last night, we both knew that you only had one choice for Arca. She was too stoic to hurt. She is just so very lucky to have had you to love her and lay with her.

RIP Arca.
image stolen from Facebook.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Re: RIP Arca

Post by FG167 »

I am sorry for your loss. The description brought me to tears. Thoughts are with you.
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Beautiful tribute to Arca and Asheley!

Arca was a neat dog. Asheley and Josh loved her and she loved them. She was very happy.

Asheley - I'm sorry the test results weren't what you were hoping. It's so hard to say goodbye when they're still young and when it's sudden. You gave her a great life and she was grateful for it.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Oh Ash...I am so sorry to hear of this terrible news, and very very sorry for your loss.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

:(
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

I am sorry for the loss. :cry: Judging from the website, she was around 8 years old. Following good KNPV tradition, she was probably a bit older than that, but regardless, she would have been too young to lose already. No fair. And for those of us with aging dogs...keep them close and dear to you, since we never know how long we are given.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

Very sad indeed. :cry: That's the only disadvantage of getting attached to our dogs, the day may come you have to make a -difficult- choice for them. But on the other hand, aren't they entitled to it?
I wish you strength.
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Asheley...so sorry for your loss. That's a great photo even though it was taken at an unfortunate time.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue