sore foot

HeatherH
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

sore foot

Post by HeatherH »

Dutch's foot is sore. He's not yelping. Just favoring it. I looked and seen nothing. So I didn't take him for a long walk. I'll wait to see for a couple days to see how it is.
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: sore foot

Post by leih merigian »

If you see him licking his foot, pay attention to exactly where he's licking. If there is some kind of lesion or cut or something, that'll give you a clue about where it is. Also check up around the wrist pad. It could be a tiny burr or anything.

Good idea to rest him some and see what happens.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

can you feel around for any heat anywhere?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
HeatherH
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

Post by HeatherH »

he's so good a letting me look at things. I cheched his webbing and pads I found nothing. It only seems to be when he runs. If I walk him it's ok. still I'll let him rest.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Heather,

I hope Dutch is doing better. The rest part is most important because they tend to re-injure themselves as soon as they start to feel the slightest bit better.

We appreciate your contributions to the forum, but please take a moment and formally introduce yourself in the New Member Announcement Section. It is also helpful if you create a signature for yourself that includes your name. This can be done by visiting the User Control Panel - link located on the left towards the top of each page.

Thanks again!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
HeatherH
Green Dog

Post by HeatherH »

Ok I take a moment and introduce myself better.

Dutch is paw is better. He's bewn bouncing around today.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat