Hip xrays. opinions please?

Carolinagirl
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just got a rough coated Dutch shepherd pup a few days ago and am looking forward to learning more about this great breed! I also have sheep,dexter cattle,two Anatolian shepherd livestock guardian dogs, an Amstaff (who is thrilled to finally have a friend to play with) and two elderly long coated chihuahuas.

Hip xrays. opinions please?

Post by Carolinagirl »

I got my Rough Haired Dutch Shepherd's preliminary OFAs done yesterday. He's 15 months. Would you take a look and let me know what you think? I am on pins and needles about him passing all of his health testing because my entire breeding program is riding on this. Thanks!
cooperright.jpg (Medium).jpg
cooperright.jpg (Medium).jpg (124.19 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
cooperleft.jpg (Medium).jpg
cooperleft.jpg (Medium).jpg (120.69 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
cooperhips.jpg (Medium).jpg
cooperhips.jpg (Medium).jpg (77.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Cindy from south Carolina
owner of a male Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd, Cooper
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: Hip xrays. opinions please?

Post by LyonsFamily »

I'd say you'd probably get fair-good. The hips are a bit asymmetrical with the right one being thicker and they could be deeper, but I think they're seated enough to pass. At least these are pre-lims and you have some time to see if there are any chances before you get an official score. You may want to also check out Penn Hip to get a score there as well since this will be your foundation dog. I don't know enough about elbows to say anything there.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Carolinagirl
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just got a rough coated Dutch shepherd pup a few days ago and am looking forward to learning more about this great breed! I also have sheep,dexter cattle,two Anatolian shepherd livestock guardian dogs, an Amstaff (who is thrilled to finally have a friend to play with) and two elderly long coated chihuahuas.

Re: Hip xrays. opinions please?

Post by Carolinagirl »

I got the official results yesterday. Hips scored a GOOD and elbows are normal.
Cindy from south Carolina
owner of a male Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd, Cooper