Torn foot pads

TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Torn foot pads

Post by TimL_168 »

Had a cookout over the weekend. Everyone had a blast. En had free reign for the most part. A dog that she plays well with was there, as were a handful of friends and kids. No issues with her behavior. I made sure that whenever she was out of my sight, that my kids had an eye on her.
The kids were having a water balloon fight, which always ends up just attacking each other with the hose. En LOVES the hose. She got soaked in the mud with the kids. I did notice that they had moved down onto the asphalt, but I didn't think much of it because they were winding the hose back up.
En came in. Blood EVERYWHERE. I guess the water softened up the pads to where the top layer was able to get torn loose. She's played hard on pavement before, and I routinely check her for that sort of thing.
So she'll be slow for a few days I guess while it heels. After just two trips out, she's coming up to me and leaning against me to go out. I pick her up and carry her part the rough porch floor and the pavement outside. Does the same to come back in.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Torn foot pads

Post by centrop67 »

Poor En.

There's nothing more pathetic than a DS that can't do heavy activity.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awwwwwwwwww that stinks, poor thing.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

She's jumping and chasing stuff again. Gonna restrict her for a few more days, but the paws are looking much better.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

I’m glad En is feeling a bit better!
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together