Split paw pad.

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Split paw pad.

Post by Joxgirl »

Rogues front (palm) pad is cracked. What suggestions do you all have?
I will clean her paw each Time she comes in from outdoors, Moisturize the pad and will do my best to keep her from putting extra pressure on it from playing. As you know the latter part is going to be the toughest. I need ideas people.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Re: Split paw pad.

Post by Jay knowles »

I’m sure it will get better all on it’s own. Pepsi is like a walking running injury machine. Just before my holiday recently she managed to cut her back leg down to the bone,all healed with no ill effect. All the limping is now fine, she’s just crazy and self fixing. Give your dog a week and all will be well again .Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Jay knowles wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 pm I’m sure it will get better all on it’s own. Pepsi is like a walking running injury machine. Just before my holiday recently she managed to cut her back leg down to the bone,all healed with no ill effect. All the limping is now fine, she’s just crazy and self fixing. Give your dog a week and all will be well again .Jay
Jay, I can t even imagine that injury and having to be away from Pepsi, but I know she was left in good hands so that makes it easier. I am glad to hear she is better.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Shell be fine itll heal on its own
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

She limps. It must hurt right?
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Joxgirl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:04 am She limps. It must hurt right?
I'm sure it does just keep her off it for a few days
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I've had multiple dogs with injured pads. En is very hard on hers sometimes. Try to keep her from licking it too much because that will make it worse. The tissues in the feet are extremely vascular and heal very quickly
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm I've had multiple dogs with injured pads. En is very hard on hers sometimes. Try to keep her from licking it too much because that will make it worse. The tissues in the feet are extremely vascular and heal very quickly
She hasn’t really licked on it yet. I feel bad for her though. Thank you for the information on the vascular part. I didn’t know that.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

No prob. Been through busted feet with both current dogs
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor