Teething Question

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Teething Question

Post by leih merigian »

So, Geyser, who turned 14 weeks old today, has just lost her top front teeth. Incisors, I think they're called?

My question is this; is there some rule of thumb about how long the process takes once it starts? I remember something like 2 months, but just curious.

She looks like a toothless granny in the front now :lol: .
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Re: Teething Question

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Yeah, you are on the right track! She should have all her big 'uns by 7 months.
Careful playing tug in this next couple months. ;)
Kelly
Koenig
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

:music2: "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth....."
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

My 6 yr old(2 legged child, not 4 ;) ) is singing that this year... he's missing 4 of his front teeth. I love this age! He looks like a goon!
Kelly
Koenig
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

leih merigian wrote:So, Geyser, who turned 14 weeks old today, has just lost her top front teeth. Incisors, I think they're called?
You're not sure? What did you hit the poor puppy in the mouth with :shock: Image Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Marjolein wrote:
leih merigian wrote:So, Geyser, who turned 14 weeks old today, has just lost her top front teeth. Incisors, I think they're called?
You're not sure? What did you hit the poor puppy in the mouth with :shock: Image Image
:lol:

The top front adult incisors are partly in now...pretty cool to watch this process. I can see on her gums where the gums are lighter from the pressure from the teeth trying to erupt...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:You're not sure? What did you hit the poor puppy in the mouth with :shock: Image Image
Not funny if you have ever had a young dog, that had just gotten his adult teeth and decides to flip around on the chain that ties him on the bitefield where he can watch the action. Chain vs teeth. Chain won. :cry: Made for a life long goofy smile. jouw favoriet Ivo, Marjolein
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

vneerland wrote: Chain vs teeth. Chain won. :cry:
Now, that belongs in a threat called "Things That Suck So Bad" :shock:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote:You're not sure? What did you hit the poor puppy in the mouth with :shock: Image Image
Not funny if you have ever had a young dog, that had just gotten his adult teeth and decides to flip around on the chain that ties him on the bitefield where he can watch the action. Chain vs teeth. Chain won. :cry: Made for a life long goofy smile. jouw favoriet Ivo, Marjolein
ouch, poor Ivo :shock: Can he still work? :?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

All 3 of my "kids" are loosing teeth, Son, daughter and puppy. My daughter asked if we could put one of Sadies teeth under her pillow for the tooth fairy.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Dutchringgirl wrote:All 3 of my "kids" are loosing teeth, Son, daughter and puppy. My daughter asked if we could put one of Sadies teeth under her pillow for the tooth fairy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you did, then Sadie should get the reward!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

leih merigian wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:All 3 of my "kids" are loosing teeth, Son, daughter and puppy. My daughter asked if we could put one of Sadies teeth under her pillow for the tooth fairy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you did, then Sadie should get the reward!
put a dog-biscuit under the pillow 8-) :mrgreen:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HHAHAHAHA,

my daughter suggested money. I should ask my daughter if she wants a doggie biscuit when she looses her tooth
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

yummy... :dssmile: