puppies French

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: puppies French

Post by vneerland »

In one of the posts, you mentioned that your favorite in the litter did not show much drive with the sheep. What do/did you look for at that age? Just interest and lack of fear?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
chimere
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am French

Post by chimere »

Hazel n'a pas eu de peur, mais ne montrait aucun interêt à l essai de 2 mois
j'ai recommencais 1 semaine plus tard... et pareil :(
alors que Helska à dés le début eu beaucoup de motivation à aller au contact

Hazel had no fear, but showed no interest in the 2-month trial
I started again one week later ... and such :(
while in Helska from the beginning had a lot of motivation to get in contact
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon
chimere
Puppy

Post by chimere »

le chiot doit monter l'envie d'aller voir sans crainte (pas aboyer)
rester dans la curiosité de la sitation qui doit stimuler le chiot à aller en avant

the puppy should get the urge to go without fear (not bark)
remain in the curiosity of the sitation which should stimulate the puppy to go forward
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Thank you. That is what I envisioned. (interested without fear) I wonder what quality it would be that causes no interest at all. Would it be prey drive? (or lack there of?) Did Hazel chase balls and butterflies, like most puppies would?
chimere
Puppy

Post by chimere »

je suis désolé, la traduction que j'ai est vraiment mauvaise...
j’essaie de répondre tout de même !

"la chasse" est une base, le chien doit rabattre le troupeau sur "alpha" le maitre
les prédispositions sont surtout le faite de rassembler (tourner autour) mais nous avons perdu beaucoup dans la race...
il faut donc apprendre à faire le travail de rassembler le bêtes, mais si l instinct de rabattement et d'envie de contact n'est pas là ce n est pas possible

les chiots au début jouent à courir pour faire bouger les bêtes (et on aide à bouger)
le mouvement est alors une stimulation pour eux, doucement on donne la place du chien "aux culs" des moutons et qu'il arrive à comprendre que c'est lui qui pousse (rabat) le troupeau et donne le mouvement

on ne peut pas le voir sans essayer aux moutons
les chiots à la maison sont tous joyeux, joueurs, attrapeur (mais ce n est pas conseillé de le valoriser en troupeau ... moi je ne l interdis pas car je fais aussi un peu de ring français)

I'm sorry, I have the translation is really bad ...
I try to answer all the same!

"Hunting" is a base, the dog must fold the flock "alpha" the master
predispositions are especially made ​​to collect (turn around) but we lost a lot in the race ...
he must learn to do the work of collecting the animals, but if the feeder instinct and desire to touch is not it is not possible

puppies are beginning to run to move the animals (and helps to move)
movement is then stimulated to them gently on the dog gives up "the ass" sheep and he comes to understand that he is pushing (flap) the herd and gives movement

can not see without trying to sheep
puppies are all home happy players, catcher (but it is not advisable to develop a herd ... I did not forbid because I'm also a little French ring)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

chimere wrote:je suis désolé, la traduction que j'ai est vraiment mauvaise...
j’essaie de répondre tout de même !
I am sorry. The translation is truly bad. I wil try to respond anyway.
"la chasse" est une base, le chien doit rabattre le troupeau sur "alpha" le maitre
les prédispositions sont surtout le faite de rassembler (tourner autour) mais nous avons perdu beaucoup dans la race...
il faut donc apprendre à faire le travail de rassembler le bêtes, mais si l instinct de rabattement et d'envie de contact n'est pas là ce n est pas possible
Loose translation:
Hunt drive if one base. The dog must want to turn the group towards the owner.
First and formost the dog must be willing to collect and turn around, but we have lost a lot in the breed. We need to teach to do the work of collecting the animals, but if the instinct to collect and the desire to make contact isn't there, that is impossible.
les chiots au début jouent à courir pour faire bouger les bêtes (et on aide à bouger)
le mouvement est alors une stimulation pour eux, doucement on donne la place du chien "aux culs" des moutons et qu'il arrive à comprendre que c'est lui qui pousse (rabat) le troupeau et donne le mouvement
In the beginning, the pups play by running to move the animals. (and are being helped)
The movement becomes a stimulation for them, and gently they are given their position behind the sheep, and the dogs start to understand that they are the ones who push the group and create their movement.
on ne peut pas le voir sans essayer aux moutons
les chiots à la maison sont tous joyeux, joueurs, attrapeur (mais ce n est pas conseillé de le valoriser en troupeau ... moi je ne l interdis pas car je fais aussi un peu de ring français)
One cannot try that without sheep. The pups at the house are always happy, playful, and love to catch things. The drive to catch things is not considered to be a good thing when around sheep, but I do not forbid it since I also do a little French ring.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Thank you for your detailed response Marie, and thank you for adding a signature line.
chimere
Puppy

Post by chimere »

:-D :wtg:
chimere
Puppy

Post by chimere »

some news from Helska
a very good dog, I am proud

HD A/A
ED 0/0
PL 0/0
OCD free
Back (spondylose) free
no lack of teeth
identification ADN/DNA
French cotation 4
entraînement/training agility & dog hitch
aptitudes herd work
begin biting work
Best baby female in french club show
CACS CACIB in special of breed
Vice Champion France 2014 R.CACIB R.CACS
CSAU (French certificate of sociabily and ability to work)
TC (French breed club character test)
CANT (test work to herd sheep)
TAT working test (french ring) excellent
very good in competition obedience (we do not work this discipline, one competition just for fun)
competitions of truffle search excellent class A

pictures !!!!

johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Congratulations for you and Helska.

just stunning in motivation and in beauty - especially for the ''less pretty'' one!

edit: i had the pleasure of reading through the postings in this thread when she was a pup: i so appreciate your insights and that you shared them so clearly. thank you.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
chimere
Puppy

Post by chimere »

thank you for her and for me
I love to share my passion
but not always easy with foreign languages ^^