DS or not

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
fastdb
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New to DS

DS or not

Post by fastdb »

I,m going to get a DS/ Malinois puppy, it considered a mix or a DS?
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: DS or not

Post by LyonsFamily »

It depends on who you ask. Some breeders/handlers/owners call the dog by its color, some call it a mix. The important thing is full disclosure on the pedigree and with further breedings that there are recent outcrosses. If you're planning on breeding this dog ever, that's something to think about.

Is there a reason why this breeder is mixing these particular dogs? That would be my first question, followed by an evaluation of what you, as the buyer, are looking for in a pup. If you're looking for a good partner and working companion and it's a solid breeding, call it what you want.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Most ds in the US are actually x ds, only the ones with fci pedigree are " real" dutch shepherds.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

So that means Sadie is a fake DS :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

;) All of mine are too