Name ideas

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Elysian stripes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Soon I will be first time dutch shepherd owner. I have german hunting terrier in co-ownership.
A few months ago I have to say goodbye from my mix breed, who taught me a lot about dogs and get me into cynology - she was 16,5 years old.

Name ideas

Post by Elysian stripes »

Hi everyone.

In a week (hopefully soon) I am bringing home my first dutch shepherd. I have all prepared for her, have only trouble is finding her a name. I know it is best to bring her home and the name will come spontaneity, but I would like to have some options open.
I am looking for quite short, meaningful and not so common (positive, strong, movie/cartoon ...) name. Till now I have two options: Taipa (means spreading wings) and Tala (means wolf).

Thank you for help, have a nice day ;)
Elysian stripes
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Name ideas

Post by ladyjubilee »

It is really hard to pick a name before you know the dog's personality. I do like Tala, though. Nice meaning, while also approachable.

I suggested "Tiger" for Bramble, but my mom came up with Bramble. She looks like a dog laying in a thicket with the sunlight dappled on her fur....and she's a Missy Mess Pot, so Bramble fit. Her name sign, though, is Tiger.

Is there a language or language group you especially like?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

I had a nice brindle staghound named Tigress
Tim
Elysian stripes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Soon I will be first time dutch shepherd owner. I have german hunting terrier in co-ownership.
A few months ago I have to say goodbye from my mix breed, who taught me a lot about dogs and get me into cynology - she was 16,5 years old.

Ladyjubilee I like swahili and latin language. But besides that I am looking other languages, goddesses and words with meaning, not so common.

Till now I also like Tala. :D and ofcourse - pictures will come.
Elysian stripes
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I can't help with Swahili, but will ponder Latin.
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

Freya is the Goddess of love in Norse mythology
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

How about “Rita” I think a good short name for a dog.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

How about Luxi....shine?
Elysian stripes
Just Whelped

I like Luxi! Also I forgot to tell you earlier - I was searching for cities/villages, countries or specialties around the world that can be used as a name. So if you have something in mind, please.
Thank you for all the options that you posted!
Elysian stripes
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Skye is pretty, but my favorite isle is South Uist. Can't see that as a dog name though. Staffa? Skara? Manx?