First Long Hair Ever to get PSA PDC!

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
malinmutt
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been a dog trainer for almost 20 years and have recently discovered the love and trainability of a wonderful long haired Dutch Shepherd. We intend to get as many working titles as possible in our quest to spend as much time together as possible!

First Long Hair Ever to get PSA PDC!

Post by malinmutt »

Hello!

I am new to the board but wanted to come on and brag a little!

I have an 20 month old long haired Dutchie who has just recently received her PDC with a high 86 score in protection and 56.5 in obedience!

I am so proud of her! We are also doing competition obedience, Rally, and soon some agility. She is so intelligent and so busy she needs many aspects to entertain her brain.

Last week she got 3 titles in one week 5 legs of obedience and her PDC.

We are now going to be concentrating on going back for our PSA1 since protection sports are her favorite!

I just wanted to say HI and share my little girl's accomplishments! I am even more proud because I had been told she would never be able to trial or accomplish anything! She also has a stellar temperament and loves kids! :wtg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOCcLrl3 ... ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCk_KyU ... ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_unwHe2 ... ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KScbhWUG ... ature=plcp

Minette & Fury PDC, RN, RA, RE
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: First Long Hair Ever to get PSA PDC!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Fantastic!!!! I love the car jacking! Congratulations to both of you.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

awesome and congrats!! I love it when people tell you she won't trial or accomplish anything and she proves them wrong!!

Welcome!! She sure is pretty!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
malinmutt
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been a dog trainer for almost 20 years and have recently discovered the love and trainability of a wonderful long haired Dutch Shepherd. We intend to get as many working titles as possible in our quest to spend as much time together as possible!

Post by malinmutt »

Thank you soo much!

She loves protecting her car! Heaven help anyone who comes up to my car!

That early negativity broke my heart at first, then I realized I knew her better than anyone else and we would do the best we could :player: ! Now our triumph is sweeter!

She is a gorgeous little girl, she does best if he hair is lightly brushed and moussed just prior to her initial prance on field, hahaha just kidding :lol:

I hope to have many more brags to come!

Minette & Fury
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the forum Minette!! Its about time you got over here!

When I got Dante 13 years ago, everyone told me he was a wash out and would never do any work. In reality, his nerve is lacking, but through lots of training, he got his PSA1. Your commitment to your kid is awesome. We actually have a wire hairded that Vadalia washed out that I think will get his PDC here shortly and his PSA1 before the year is out. He just needed to grow up.

Gotta love the accomplishments of the brindle beasts!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Wow, You've been busy! Congratulations!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
malinmutt
Just Whelped

Post by malinmutt »

Thank you Christie! And, thank you for sending me here!

I am excited to see your wire hair!

It is amazing what a little maturity and lots of fun and good training will do.

I want to put as many titles on her as I can or for as long as she is enjoying herself...and she loves EVERYTHING!

My girl has an odd nasal problem that keeps her from staying in as deep as she should, but once I realized she needed to breathe and I have let her do her own thing she has really shined. She won't have the grips my male dog has, but I really think she has the heart for it and is not easily intimidated!

Even if she didn't, I love her no matter what ;) :love:
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Awesome videos, she is beautiful!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

that is soooo awesome !! congratulations !!1 :orange:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve