Caelan from the House of Titan

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
jeeharbor
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Caelan from the House of Titan

Post by jeeharbor »

Yesterday, Joyce McCluskey and Caelan from the House of Titan completed the first leg of the Ring One program!!
Attachments
IMG_3117.JPG
IMG_3117.JPG (173.11 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
Joyce Earle McCluskey
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Re: Caelan from the House of Titan

Post by alspyce »

Congratulations!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Great ! :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
tjfarmdogs31
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Aussie retired, Rottie trialing in FR, considering a DS as my next FR dog.

Post by tjfarmdogs31 »

Congratulations, Joyce and Caelan!
Love to watch you two work. Great bond, happy dog and smiling owner..:+)
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

awesome!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Have I mentioned that I LOVE hearing and seeing how great the Balen pups are doing?????
Congrats Caelan and Joyce!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
jeeharbor
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Joyce Earle McCluskey. My husband and I train and compete in the Ringsports. My husband, Mac, has Malinois and is a certified Mondio Decoy. I have 2 Dutch Shepherds. My male, Ry, is titled in PSA, Mondio, French and NVBK along with UKC obedience. My husband will be trialing him this year due to me being home with our newborn daughter. My female is a year and is in training and won't compete for at least a year.

Post by jeeharbor »

Thanks for the nice comments. The trial was great. Cae's bite work was very clean. We lost 2.5 points in bite work out of 120. We also earned two legs towards her CD this past weekend.
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Congratulations!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Woohoo, congrats!
Wish I could train ring overhere :? :(
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Marjolein wrote:Woohoo, congrats!
France isn't that far away! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Schlussdibusti wrote:
Marjolein wrote:Woohoo, congrats!
France isn't that far away! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: I'm about to find out... (Ivil will be bred to a male living in the south of France in about 3 weeks or so ;) )
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Congratulations to Joyce and Cealan.
@ Marjolein...I agree. France is one country over from where you are at. You could even do Belgian Ring instead, that's even closer. Or just go to Holland and do KNPV. :)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

@ Marjolein...I agree. France is one country over from where you are at. You could even do Belgian Ring instead, that's even closer. Or just go to Holland and do KNPV. :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

ok ok, I got the point, geez, no need to put it down 3 times for crying out loud...

I'm not sure KNPV is in my dogs at thios very moment :roll: I'm actually quite sure it is not :mrgreen:
Maybe the next one...
I found a mondio-ring club, about 1,5 hours away from me... but with today's petrol prices, I think I'll have to stick with IPO for the moment... :?
jeeharbor
Puppy

Post by jeeharbor »

This past weekend Caelan and I were able to go to an UKC trial. We finished Cae's CD and got her first open leg. One title, one leg in 4 trials. Cae's obedience was very nice but we lost between 7 to 10 points per trial for "talking". We can thank Titan for the verbal gene. :angel:
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

jeeharbor wrote:This past weekend Caelan and I were able to go to an UKC trial. We finished Cae's CD and got her first open leg. One title, one leg in 4 trials. Cae's obedience was very nice but we lost between 7 to 10 points per trial for "talking". We can thank Titan for the verbal gene. :angel:
Love it.
And I blame him completely. It couldn't have possibly been my girl 8-)
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

haha Christie :lol:

so ehm...what does CD stand for? :oops:
jeeharbor
Puppy

Post by jeeharbor »

Balen is a true Lady in all ways possible and would never be verbal in an indignified nor public way. Titan on the other hand is an incredible worker but very brash in his public displays of enthusiasm. This is evident in all Titan offspring. Balen did give Caelan her ability for wonderful house manners and perfect manners in social situations..... trials aside. Thankfully one UKC judge trials in Schutzhund and the other was hearing impaired and knows me :)

CD stands for Companion Dog and is the first level of a basic obedience title. The title has heeling, sits, stays etc.
Joyce Earle McCluskey
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

ah okee thanks, so it is sort of like the BH in Schutzhund?