greenville possible dutch

jjohnsice
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.

greenville possible dutch

Post by jjohnsice »

i saw a feature opn Anderson Cooper 360 lst night, they say this little girl is a collie mix, i think she looks 100% dutch shepard to me.. a beautiful 4mo lil girl with a digestive problem.. you guys let me know what you think.

adoptapet@greenvillecounty.org <adoptapet@greenvillecounty.org>
john h
the departed maggie p
jjohnsice
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.

Re: greenville possible dutch

Post by jjohnsice »

john h
the departed maggie p
Alaskan Dave
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Dave and I am a huge dog lover. I have spent most of my adulthood in the US military. I have had 3 dogs with me in 5 different states, in order: Arizona, Alaska, Florida, Texas, and Massachusetts. They have all "gone ahead" now and await me at the RB, I look forward to the re-unite. The first was Sassy (looked like a dingo) who I got from the MSPCA and she lived to 16 yo. My ex-GF got Princess (blk/brindle lab X) at a puppy mill in Tuscon (along with Parvo) and she lived to 15 (last to pass, 01 Dec 10). My same ex-GF got Skeeter, a black Border Collie, from a "box of puppies" from a fellow student at school in Tucson and he lived to 11 yo. Anyways, they were "my children", I don't have any of the human variety and don't plan to. But I will have more fur children in the future, likely a DS and a Border Collie. I have seen a lot of MWDs in the military, mostly Malinois and GSDs but once I saw the DS, I fell in love!

Post by Alaskan Dave »

Absolutely precious pooch! I don't know if we have Vets on this Forum, but I will ask my Vet friend if this condition is correctable...........
Regards,
Dave <Sassy, Princess, Skeeter>
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Here is a link about what they say she has...

http://www.caninemegaesophagus.org/
Sue (and Sugar)

Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

I think she looks like a DS, as well!
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

OMG she is precious! Yup pure DS…

I know of a Great Dane puppy in another shelter that just died of the same disorder. His was very very very severe though and he could barely get any food down.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Post by dogbyte »

They will sometimes outgrow it if a mild case..can be managed if not...as long as she can keep food down..you often just have to feed more frequent smaller meals and keep them upright until the food goes further down the GI tract..lost a very young GSD to an acquired nerve disorder than caused worsening mega along with other issues..she was almost three so first hand dealing with mega .
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I WANT HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say DS all the way !! What other dog would learn that fast to get into the chair, that was just to die for !!!! and then she stayed in there !

I fell on the floor in love ! :DSlove: :DSlove: :DSlove:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Not that it matters, but if it was missed, this thread is over two years old. :hic:
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

yeah, I saw that :(
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

I thought it was new... I could have sworn it was bumped to the top.

I feel dumb now, LOL, since there's no post there that shows it bumped except for mine.

Need moar booze.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

I'm with Dusty. Moawr liquuurs pleaz. I missed the date! Lol.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
silberlied
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We rescued Darko from a low-budget high-kill shelter in rural South Carolina as a German Shepherd/Mastiff mix puppy.

Post by silberlied »

Too bad this was so long ago! I would have driven down to pick her up in a heartbeat.
On another note, I'm getting a little suspicious about some of these SC breeders. This story took place near where Darko and his two brothers showed up wandering as "strays". The shelter I picked him up from typically transfers pups to the Greenville shelter, since it's no-kill and can provide better care.

This breeder is in Greenville http://www.alphak9kennels.com/ and this one is 30 miles outside http://dutchshepherdk9s.com/home.

Maybe I'm crazy :yernuts: , but what's with all the rejected and "imperfect" Dutch Shepherd look-alike or mix puppies down there?
Tara
Darko, Long-Haired Brindle Mystery Shepherd (2/14/14)