Male DS Mix in Corpus Christi, TX

Les George
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Took in a good lookin dog off the streets to try to find him a forever home. Turns out hes a DS mix and he may be in his forever home...

So it begins

Male DS Mix in Corpus Christi, TX

Post by Les George »

We have had this guy since October. A friend of my wife's took him in off the street and asked us to look after him till she could find him a home, because the shelters are all full here and a trip to animal control is a one way ticket for a dog with this much black in his coat. That's just the reality here.

We have been working him A LOT with a trainer here that has experience with working breeds and has owned DS in the past. He says that he's obviously got something in the mix to look at him but he act just like the DS he has had in the past.

We have had him fixed and he is WH Neg and UTD on shots, no health issues at all.

He is the most house broken dog I have ever seen, the only dog that I have ever had that has had zero accidents in the house. He does not chew anything that you dont give him to chew. Even if you leave him along for hours he never chews anything.

He is high drive and a little dominant, which can get him into trouble with my cranky old male GSD. He always wants to play and when we does, it can build and get outta hand.

He plays with my little female Border Collie and male Ridgeback mix fine.

He loves all people

I dont have the time to work with a dog that needs this much attention, but he's a good dog and deserves a good home. We have put far to much time and money into him to see him get anything less.

If you guys can help me find him a forever home I would be most grateful! I dont want distance or money to get in the way of that.

Thanks in advance! :)

:DScool:
Attachments
534025_228002984032737_1935611637_n.jpg
534025_228002984032737_1935611637_n.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
1377595_228003194032716_964390673_n.jpg
1377595_228003194032716_964390673_n.jpg (122.72 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
downloadapache.jpg
downloadapache.jpg (296.3 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Re: Male DS Mix in Corpus Christi, TX

Post by johninny »

very good of you to have helped him so much. thank you for your efforts.
he looks very puppy-like; do you have an estimate of how old he is as that may be one of the first questions people have.

you might ask North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue [NADSR] for a courtesy listing for him.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Les George
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Took in a good lookin dog off the streets to try to find him a forever home. Turns out hes a DS mix and he may be in his forever home...

So it begins

Post by Les George »

I have talked to the about a listing and they said they are gonna help me out! :)

Sorry I missed his age, I thought I mentioned it. Everyone seems to guess he is about a year old. He still acts pretty puppyish. :)

Thanks!
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

i'm curious how much he weighed in oct when you got him and how much he weighs now. [ could he be much younger than 12 months?]
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Les George
Just Whelped

So it begins

Post by Les George »

He weighed about 56 pounds when we took him to the vet the first time about a week after he got here. He never broke the 60# mark during the back and forth for shots and nudder

I don't think he's put much on since either, even though he eats double what my 80 # dogs eat!
Les George
Just Whelped

So it begins

Post by Les George »

There is about 2 months time between the first and last pic posted above
Les George
Just Whelped

So it begins

Post by Les George »

I was able to place him with a company in San Antonio that will train him to be a police K9! :)

Great thing for him! Everyone wins! :)
Ben_jamin
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Ben. I've been a dog lover for my entire life. I currently own a GSD (Hopper) and a Boxer (Phoebe). They are my kids and best friends.

As far as DS's go, I've never owned one and this is the reason I'm here. I'm looking to learn more about the breed since I'm thinking of adding one to my family.

Post by Ben_jamin »

That's awesome! Glad he found a great home and had you to get him there. :party1:
Ben, Ginny & Phoebe.
Hopper - Waiting patiently at the bridge.