Iowa girl needs home

simbathedog1
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Adopted a young adult male Dutch Shepherd from the local animal shelter 5 months ago. Also have a smaller Australian Shepherd/Corgi mixed breed dog.

Iowa girl needs home

Post by simbathedog1 »

She looks so sweet. But my husband would kill me if I brought another one home! ! https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29980573/
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Iowa girl needs home

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

MINI DS!!!!!!! How cute!!!!!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

I swear rescues and animal shelters pull possible breeds our of their asses. A full grown dog that was a GSD/Dutch Shepherd cross would not be only 35 pounds and 19 inches tall. My girl weighs that at five months and is half an inch taller.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

silberlied
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We rescued Darko from a low-budget high-kill shelter in rural South Carolina as a German Shepherd/Mastiff mix puppy.

Post by silberlied »

Mobil wrote:I swear rescues and animal shelters pull possible breeds our of their asses.
Ouch. I'd hate to pull a shepherd outta there. They better start calling everyone a teacup chihuahua. :lol:

But yes, people who volunteer at shelters typically have no way of knowing the true breed, but they do their best. She does look like she could be a shepherd crossed with something smaller. She is about the size my Whippet/Shepherd was. (And the shelter he came from just labeled him GSD mix because they didn't know much about sighthounds. He was for sure a sighthound with some shepherd mixed in.)
Tara
Darko, Long-Haired Brindle Mystery Shepherd (2/14/14)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

I agree that this is likely a mix, but I do see some DS from the limited pictures shown. I'd like to point out that Elli only weighs 42lbs and she's 20.5" tall and will be 4 years old in November, so there are little ones out there. Maggie Fan just placed a pure malinois that was only 26lbs 18" at a year old. She can jump over 21' in dock diving too.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA