Please help NADSR pay for TVT/cancer treatment

cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Please help NADSR pay for TVT/cancer treatment

Post by cake73 »

Hi, everyone!

Fiona was taken into NADSR's care early January 2018 as an owner surrender. We learned while awaiting a spay appointment that Fiona was in fact pregnant. Then it was discovered she had TVT, transmissible venereal tumor of the external genitalia.

Transmissible venereal tumors (TVTs), sticker tumors and infectious sarcoma is a histiocytic tumor of the external genitalia of the dog, and is transmitted from animal to animal during mating. It is one of only three known transmissible cancers in mammals. Surgery alone often leads to recurrence. So Fiona will need to receive chemotherapy which is very effective for TVTs. The prognosis for complete remission with chemotherapy is excellent.

NADSR has since whelped the litter and all pups are pending pre-adoption applicants.
It is now time for us to concentrate on getting Fiona healthy and ready for adoption! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!

https://fundrazr.com/11LIc3?ref=sh_5OW9e_ab_5OZHe
Attachments
Fiona-pups.jpg
Fiona-pups.jpg (38.13 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Please help NADSR pay for TVT/cancer treatment

Post by centrop67 »

I was really happy to see that she got her funding! :wtg:

Here's a big thank you to any DSF members that contributed!

:DSangel:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Re: Please help NADSR pay for TVT/cancer treatment

Post by cake73 »

We are SO relieved to have been able to meet our fundraising goal!
Our Facebook page has 10,900+ "likes" but 10 people contributed to Fiona's fundraiser.

Fiona has already had her first TVT treatment (it went very well!) and will undergo her second treatment soon, if she has not already. Fingers & paws crossed that she will need only these two treatments. Her foster has been exposing her to basic obedience and some light exercise and reports that this sweet girl is responding great!
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue