NADSR - Looking for Re-Home (Maine)

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

NADSR - Looking for Re-Home (Maine)

Post by centrop67 »

Link To Facebook
Image Image
Chelli a 3 yo NADSR adopted dog needs to be re-homed quickly.------------------------------------
She was adopted to a gentleman via our organization 2 years ago. He has become extremely ill and placed into hospice care. His ex-wife reached out to us about the current situation and him no longer able to care for Chelli the Dutch shepherd so she took her in and is fostering her until we can find better placement.---------------------------------
Here is what she had to say after a short two weeks of having her------------------------------
She is still young and is nervous but I have never had aggression issues with her. She has not been given the exercise and obedience training that she needs. I have experience with this very high strung breed and have actually started out with much worse so I want to make sure that she has one fair chance in life. She just need time and positive energy! Seeing improvement every day. She is very healthy and strong now. Gave her a few baths, trimmed nails etc-------------------
Chelli is housetrained and crate trained and very friendly with people and cooperative. She will submit to adults and doesn’t bite/no aggression. Knows name, sit and come. Walks nice on leash and is starting to be friendly with our dogs and vice versa but still separated via fence and enclosure in house until further introduction. ( my female is the alpha and has not been welcoming ) I would say slow introductions with dogs. Rides good in the car. Fine with person on leash while on computer, reading doing household chores, watches tv. She is confined to one room right now and Walks to door and barks when she has to go to bathroom. Challenges: can never ever be off leash and must have 6 foot high fenced in area to run off excessive energy or kept on leash till fully trusted. Will chase all cars nonstop to point of exhaustion or being hit! She has excessive prey drive and without leash and constant supervision and control gets worked up into a frenzy and goes after cars, joggers, bicycles and lunges at our cats. (no cats) Cannot be left alone for 10 minutes then will bark, whine, cry and pace getting totally worked up then starts chewing up whatever is nearby. As long as with person on leash is very sweet but has extreme separation anxiety. She should be placed with someone who is strong athletic and experienced with this temperament. She should not be with cats and small children. Preferably just active adults who will be with her because if left alone will have to be in crate. She loves to walk, jog and might be good at agility training. She is very sensitive and needs positive reinforcement and patience.------------------------
She is payed and fully vetted, located in Jay, Maine and we do adopt out Nationwide. (Ground transport would be needed at this time as size of dog, crate and weight are not being accepted via airlines at this time.)--------transport within reason is available. If you are interested in adopting this girl, please fill out our ON-LINE Pre-Adoption application. Pre-Adopt application -------------------http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/preadoptform_region1
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: NADSR - Looking for Re-Home (Maine)

Post by ladyjubilee »

Have they found a home for her?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: NADSR - Looking for Re-Home (Maine)

Post by centrop67 »

I checked out the link and someone did apply for her.

If I see any news, I will share.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers